You look just like your mother

My choice? For what. It seems Carlisle knows what he is on about but I can't connect the dots, maybe it's something I haven't even been introduced to yet. A choice of a lifetime, these words stuck with me the whole day as I paced infront of carlise as he leans against the door frame.

"What do I do? How do I know?"
He smiles lightly. How could you be smiling.
"I trust you mac, now you need to trust yourself"
I furrow my eyebrows and drop my jaw at him.
"Yeah unfortunately I don't know" I rub my glass forehead and groan loudly.
"I'm sorry but Carlisle can you leave" I look at him and instantly regret it. His smile drops and I notice that he looks tense. He doesn't say anything. He just nods and walks out the door.

I sigh and flip onto the bed.
Looking around the room I look for inspiration.
Out the window I can see a magnificent view of the city but most importantly the stars. I've always had a spiritual connection with the stars. I walk over and stand on Aros huge balcony. Looking up they shine brighter than they did when I was human...if that's what you would call me. I lean my cheek on my palm and realize that I'm not tired. Guess I'll have to get used to that. I want to go home. I can't be gone for long, so that means I have to know and show my gift tomorrow, or even tonight. But just standing under the star lights I feel stronger emotionally than I did in the candle lit room.

That's strange. I have never thought to much about my energy. Especially with my small human thoughts and brain cells, but now my mind has expanded and widened to new possibilities.
"What if my energy comes from somewhere else" I mutter to myself. The words sound strange in my mouth, the thought is crazy but what if. I look back at the stars and they shine like they know what I'm thinking.

I smile and close my eyes, I try to focus on the stars energy, that I can feel all around me. I try to make myself absorb it for my own. The next thing I knew. I had more energy than before. I could run a million marathons and more. But not only that, my skin is tingling. I look in the mirror as I slowly enter back into the room. My skin. Why is it.....sparkling. It's only supposed to do that in the sun. But the moon light? My eyes are not red anymore. In fact they are pearly white. I look blind. My stone heart sinks and I continue to look at my reflection. My lips are purple and my skin is so white you can see every blue blood vessel under my skin.

Then suddenly, the room got brighter, not from artificial light. But something even better. Behind me in the mirror stood a woman in an all white robe. I spin around she she only smiles softly. She's gorgeous. Her blond hair gently curls down her back and frame her perfect heart shaped face. Her lips are full and blood red. Her face is Snow White and to tie everything together her bright blue eyes are framed by long luscious lashes. My jaw nearly drops at her beauty. She looks like a-

"Goddess? That's me but I'm so much more than that" she's my height maybe an inch or too taller. She steps closer and touches her hand to my cheek. It's soft as a feather yet strong as a moon rock.
"What do you mean?" What can she be more than a goddess? "I helped create you my love"
....me? My powers came from my ancestors, on my moms side though dad never talked about her that's all I know about my... the powers I had.

"I blessed your mother with a gift unforgettable, the gift of a perfectly blessed child" she takes her hand back and pets the strand of blonde that fell into her face. "But...why?"
"Because I loved your mother, more than a friend ever could, but she didn't know that and soon married your father, I couldn't risk loosing her without giving her a gift, so I blessed her with you"

"How did she know you and where is she now"
She takes a minute to respond. For a moment I think she didn't hear me but she soon speaks up, her gorgeous blue eyes are shiny with salty tears and one drops down her porcelain cheek.
"To her, I was a guardian Angel that visited her in her dreams, but I was much more, I would follow her around but to the human eye, I'm unseen. Every night I would talk to her and we had the most fun."
She pauses. And quickly whips a tears off and sighs.
"Your mother died while giving birth to you, I wanted to hate you. But I couldn't."
I have nothing to say. I don't have the urge to sit down to process this info like I would have done as a human so I just stand and watch as she talks.

"Because you looked so much like your mother"
I've never seen my mother, nor does dad have any photos that he clings to. "So I blessed you with great power and great beauty"
I smile as she tucks a curl behind my ear. A gesture she must have missed so well.
"I'm just so glad you can see me"
The thought of me living forever and if I die going to hell, never being able to see my mother sits in. She feels the energy change and in the first time in a while I get a good huge. She leans in and holds my head close to her neck. It wasn't like the ones the pack gave or any of the vampires, it was like a mothers hold.

If I could cry I would have.
"I will watch over you just like your mother would have wanted" I look at her. My old power has been taken. But I think the new one I just discovered has become ever more promising.