Chapter 4

She kept running, panting uncontrollably through her mouth. She knew Hughie would accept Butcher's request, but she thought that it would take longer.

She received the call from her friend the next day, saying that he would do it. It was early, she knew from seeing the clock when Hughie called her. It was a Saturday, so at this time she would be asleep. People said that it was easy to study at night, being awake at night seemed easier, but they didn't experience med school at night and a full time job during the day. She usually took the weekends to sleep the whole day, not every week since her boss usually asked her to help Hughie on some Saturdays. She normally would wake up to eat and use the bathroom, but it seemed that now she would have to skip some hours of sleep.

She knew she was late, when he called she was asleep, she answered it groggily, but couldn't help the rush of adrenaline that ran through her. Just thinking of doing something illegal or being a part of an investigation made her heart run as fast as A-Train. The only problem was that Hughie had already told Butcher, so they were probably just waiting for her to arrive to put their plan in action.

When she finally saw the bar that they were in, she slowed down, trying not to look more flustered than she already was. She got close enough to see them both sitting by the bar, talking. Hughie had his back to her, his perfect ass turned on the chair, Billy was looking at the kid, not noticing the girl staring at them from the outside, he had a plastic straw on his plump lips, shaking it from side to side. God, those two would be the death of her.

She entered the place, wiping droplets of sweat from her forehead. She smiled at them and sighed at the air conditioner that blew some cold air onto her face. Butcher stared at her amused and Hughie gave her a nervous smile back. The two men got up from their seats and passed by her, leaving the place. She rolled her eyes and sighed again.

"Really? I just got here." she exclaimed, following them outside and into Butcher's car.

"You have a dog?" Hughie asked, looking at the toys on the backseat.

"Please, tell me you do." (Y/n) got closer to the front seat, her face closer to Butcher's.

"Sorry, love, but I don't." he smiled faintly, looking at her through the rearview mirror.

She got comfortable on the backseat, pressing her head against the window while the guys talked about the plan. She tried to pay attention, however she couldn't keep her eyes open, the fatigue from the busy week was catching up to her. Her mind blacked out right after they got to the Vought Tower.

She woke up again with a bang from the car's door, she jumped on her seat, eyes searching for the source of the noise. Hughie was panting in the front seat, he had a huge smile on his lips and sweat rolling from his forehead.

"So?" she asked him, her smile could almost rival his own.

"It was..." he breathed in "Awesome!"

"You did it?" she got close to his face.

"Yeah! I fucking did it!" he exclaimed, looking hopefully at Butcher and (Y/n).

"Congrats, Hughie!" she said, giving him a kiss on his cheek, something that caught him off guard.

He wasn't used to her being cute around him, she was always boisterous and flirty. So, that attitude made him blush a little, not ever thinking of her that way before.

"W-well, thanks." he said, now less excited than before, but still feeling the adrenaline inside his body.

"Tell me, son. How did it go?" Billy asked, starting the car and driving away from the Tower.