Chapter 19

Ever since Butcher disappeared, the boys had been stuck in a basement, selling drugs to junkies who would buy from Frenchie. The girl couldn't get her mind off of the man, but she knew that he didn't want anything to do with her. Not even a text saying that he was fine! That was definitely a sign that he didn't care.

Frenchie had been selling his common drugs, Kimiko had started to learn how to write and MM had been helping treat the gang's injured. (Y/n) and Hughie tried to stay out of this drug dealing shit as much as they could. The girl taught MM how to treat some wounds and helped him understand how to notice when an injury started to become infected. She didn't know what Hughie was up to, but she kept on her studies, even though she knew she wouldn't end up getting her degree.

She had been sitting on the couch with Kimiko, writing some notes while the female was practicing her writing. Hughie passed by them and leaned behind the couch.

"Looks good." he said to Kimiko "Don't fry your brain there." he said to (Y/n).

"Careful out there, champ." the girl said, not even looking away from her book.

<->

Later that day, the boys were watching TV. Madelyn Stillwell had been blown inside her house, her baby found outside in the yard, safe and sound. The news said that it was Butcher, but they knew that something wasn't right in this story.

"It is a puzzle." Frenchie concluded "Where is Monsieur Charcuter? Why hasn't he called?"

"Who cares?" Hughie sighed.

"We do." (Y/n) looked at the ground "He could be dead."

"No." the kid laughed "He's too much of an asshole to die."

MM shushed everyone, trying to pay attention to what the TV was saying. It showed their faces and names, except Frenchie. They all sighed, tired of having to hide everyday.

"We gotta get out of here, now." MM said, clearly angry.

"Good passports do not come cheap." Frenchie said "I sell the RPGs, smuggle in the Kalashnikovs. We have enough money. That's it." the man crouched beside the sofa "Where will you go, mon ange?"

"Anywhere, I think. Maybe start in a small village or city. Far from here, of course." (Y/n) shook her head, she didn't think her life would become this when she joined them "You?" she looked at Hughie.

"Could just stay here. With Frenchie's gangbanger friends. The cots, they got 31 flavors of semen on them. You'll love them." MM said bitterly.

"Oh, and you have a better idea?" the French man felt offended "No, maybe we can stay, all of us, in your mother's asshole."

"Or... Maybe we could not run." Hughie pressed his lips together, waiting for their reaction.

"This, again?" the girl mumbled to herself, her hand passing through her hair.

The kid got up from the sofa, he looked clearly distressed.

"Well, we shouldn't just give up. Guys, we get some Compound V, we bring it to The New York Times, we burn Vought to the ground."

"How in the fuck would we get V?" (Y/n) asked.

"Someone could help us get it." Hughie seemed to be stuck in his own mind, noticing how his plan was flawed.

"And who might that be?" MM interfered.

"You did not hear the television?" Frenchie asked, shocked "We are famous now. Butcher even more so."