Chapter 18

The next day, the boys were waiting for news on the V they gave to Raynor. The men were in the room either on their phones talking to somebody or simply messing around. The two girls were in the bathroom, (Y/n) was finishing drying her hair with a towel and Kimiko was looking at herself in the mirror. The female grabbed a comb and tried to pass it on her knotted hair, but it was too difficult. The other girl saw this and decided to help.

"Here." she asked for the object, extending her hand "Let me."

Kimiko gave her the comb hesitantly, but smiled once she noticed how gentle she was when taking the knots out. The female enjoyed every second that she could, becoming slightly sad when the other girl was finished. She continued to shyly stare at herself in the mirror. And (Y/n) noticed, looking down at the nail polish she had bought for herself on top of the toilet. She sighed, a silly smile on her face as she tapped Kimiko's shoulder.

"Want me to paint your nails?" she asked, raising one eyebrow.

Kimiko was hesitant again, but soon smiled and nodded. (Y/n) then sat on the ground and made the girl sit on the toilet, where she would proceed to paint the female's nail.

<->

"There." the girl said, blowing on the female's nails, trying to make it dry faster "You look really cute, Kimiko." she smiled at the other girl, receiving a smile back.

Suddenly, Kimiko heard something, running out of the bathroom, being followed by (Y/n). Frenchie was the first one to see the female.

"Look at you, mon coeur." he said smiling.

However, the cute moment was cut short when a smoke bomb flew through the window. There was only time for Frenchie to push both girls back inside the bathroom and shout for them to run, locking the door behind the two. But with only one kick the intruders got into the room, one of them grabbed Kimiko and the other (Y/n).

While the female was beating the man up, the girl got hit on the forehead with a punch.

"You bit-" another punch, but this one was on her temple, making her blackout right away.

<->

The girl woke up with a startle. As she looked around, she saw a person being dragged to the cell she was in. She got up beside Frenchie and MM, leaning on the french man when her head began spinning.

"Welcome back, mon ange." he joked and looked back at the man with a sack on his head.

"My head hurts so bad." she whispered back to him, seeing the man being shoved inside the cell, making him fall on his knees.

"Hey, easy with him, man! Fuck wrong with you?" MM shouted at the guards.

Frenchie got on his knees to take a look at Hughie.

"You okay? You break any bones?" Frenchie interrogated.

"No, no." the kid said, obviously shaken.

"Why are you here? And where's Butcher?" the girl got to her knees too.

"Well, he went after Homelander." he was a little ashamed to say "But... I came to save you. Yay." he chuckled awkwardly.

"Fuck me." (Y/n) mumbled, getting up from the ground, being followed by the other two.

"So, you came here. You meant to come here?" MM curiously asked, shock clear on his face "Without Butcher."

"Yeah."