Chapter 15

"So, no hero was born?" Hughie asked, his eyebrows knitted together "None of them? They're all just kids dosed with the blue shit? I mean, even..."

"Even Homelander?" the girl asked the same time that Butcher finished for Hughie.

"Even fucking Starlight."

They all looked at the kid, showing pitiful faces. MM turned to (Y/n), hoping to answer her question.

"Homelander's a black hole. Never had any public records and never will. However, every single other Supe." he showed the vial they got from the hospital "Juiced up lab rats."

Suddenly, the female appeared, grabbing more paper and pens.

"My God." MM said, rolling his eyes, clearly pissed off "I'm trying to give a tremendous fucking TED talk here, and this..." he turned to Frenchie "Can you control her, please?"

"I do not control her."

"Do you see what I'm dealing with?" he gesticulated towards the asian woman.

Their conversation continued while Hughie and (Y/n) looked around what the female was drawing.

"Uh, hi." the kid said, crouching down and reaching for one of the drawings.

"I wouldn't do that if I-" the girl was interrupted when the female jumped towards Hughie, threatening him.

"Hughie, no!" Frenchie saw the interaction "No, no, no. If you're attached to that hand, no." he turned to the female "It's okay, yeah."

As they turned to continue talking, the girl got closer to the asian woman, looking if there were any signs of aggression.

"Hey..." she began, drawing the woman's attention "If you need more paper or pens, let me know, 'cause MM's getting a little pissy." she saw, pointing to the man behind her.

The female didn't say anything, but nodded her head slowly. That made the girl smile softly, she was communicating with her!

"I'll just keep on Starlight, then?" Hughie asked.

"Her phone's been tits-up for a week." Butcher said while putting his coat on, he had his suspicions that Hughie might be protecting Starlight "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

"No." he lied "But I can... I can check." he looked for an excuse to see his 'girlfriend'.

Butcher looked at him quite strangely.

"All right." he got Hughie's jacket and threw it at him "You're with me."

"He is?" the girl asked, her brows furrowed.

"I am?" Hughie said.

"You too." he looked at (Y/n).

"Yes, sir." she couldn't help the silly smile that appeared on her face.

"To the CIA lady?" the kid asked.

"No. We're gonna go on a little detour."

<->

They headed to a church, finding it quite strange that Butcher would choose a place like this to take them. The three entered silently and grabbed some chairs. The girl noticed that it was some kind of rehabilitation group that talked about their experiences with being hurt by Supes. They sat together and the girl was in the middle. Just as they sat down, a black man was passed a stick, which seemed to be the starting point for him to talk.

"Hey." he cleared his throat "Hey, everybody. So I'm kind of a writer, I work in marketing. There's this one hero, who shall remain nameless, but has ice powers."