Chapter 14

"Do we, for real, have to listen to her rambling about Believe fucking Expo?" the girl asked, pretending to buy a necklace from the stand quite close to the two lovebirds.

"She might spill something." MM said, not exactly liking hearing the hero talk too.

"See? She's already gone." Butcher said, his hand making its way to the girl's waist and bringing her closer. He saw how she was looking at the two from afar, her face full of jealousy and hurt "Don't worry, love. He'll soon realize who she really is." he tightens his grip on her, finally getting her attention.

"Thanks, Butcher." she smiled softly, it was good to know that someone other than herself cared for her feelings.

<->

After they watched Ezekiel's whole show, Billy told them that they needed to enter the hero's private show and that Hughie was the one who was going to do it. The girl couldn't help but laugh, covering her mouth while the kid looked angrily at her.

"Good luck sucking Ezekiel's dick!" she almost said it too loud, but managed to hold her voice down.

"Easier than that, sweetheart." he said, turning to Hughie right after "Well, Starlight's one of the headliners, right? She'll get you in."

"Wait. We've only been on like a date and a half, okay? I can't just ask her for a Diamond Club Pass."

"I gotta agree with him here. If she's smart enough, she'll get suspicious." the girl had to intervene.

"And what's the matter?" he began taking off his sunglasses "You worried your fake supe girlfriend's gonna think you're using her?" he lowers himself towards (Y/n) "She's probably a lil' dumb anyway. She's dating him, isn't she?" he joked, making her smile and look at Hughie with a funny face.

"Okay, then what? I just go up to Ezekiel, 'Hey, man. What's up with you smuggling blue dope into Chinatown basements?'" the kid joked.

"Yeah, pretty much." the man reached for his phone inside his pocket "Once you show him this." he showed a video of Ezekiel kissing two men in the club they went to.

"Who filmed this?" the girl asked as Hughie hid the phone with his blouse.

"Doesn't matter." Butcher shrugged, a smug smile on his face.

"Okay, why is this the first time I'm hearing about this plan?" MM asked.

"You're not the only one." the girl pointed to herself and then to Hughie.

"These two need to be trained, Butcher."

"Yeah, what he said." the kid agreed with MM "I don't know how to blackmail anybody."

"Hughie, you've done a murder. Comparatively speaking, this will be a piece of cake." Billy complimented the kid, walking away from the group.

The girl had her mouth open, shocked, but at the same time finding it all pretty hilarious.

"You're so fucked." she said, slapping his arm slightly before walking away too "Good luck!" she shouted over her shoulder.

<->

At some point Butcher got a call and left for whatever he was called for. Leaving MM 'taking care' of the other two. While Hughie was finally going inside the VIP area, (Y/n) and MM stayed behind, looking around for nothing and eating junk food. Until the man received a call from the kid.

"Hey, so that wasn't a piece of cake." he joked.

"You alright?"

"Sorry, I had to borrow a phone. I got baptized. Blackmailing somebody is not cake. It's weird, it's scary, you wind up just saying shit." Hughie rambled nonstop.