Chapter 2

After some days Hughie came back to work, with huge dark circles around his eyes. (Y/n) was expecting that. Robin was someone he truly loved. What she didn't expect was to hear what really happened that day and what Hughie was onto while grieving. He was so full of rage while talking about Robin's death and how he was gonna sue A-Train, that the girl almost felt just as angry as him. But she was still having a hard time believing that the heroes that the whole world loved and idolized, were just a bunch of frauds and murderers.

"I've to thank you again, (N/n). If you weren't there, I don't think I would be able to say my address." he almost laughed at how stupid he must have been at the time, highlighting 'almost'.

"It was nothing. And stop thanking me!" she punched his arm lightly "I would be fucked if you hadn't come back, literally. Gary was especially flirty while you were gone."

"Please, just don't use one of his pick-up lines on me and I promise I'll never miss work again." he joked, finally laughing a little.

They continued their day of work normally, not many clients showing up like always. (Y/n) was preparing for another night of studying and no sleep, but a client came in, making the girl sigh just by thinking of staying another few minutes inside the store. Hughie was still there, but she should probably take the initiative, since he does almost all the work and because of the situation from a few days before.

The man was wearing a black trench coat, combat boots and had the sexiest beard the girl had ever seen. She went from behind the counter to beside the stranger, not too close, but close enough for him to notice her.

"Are you looking for a nanny cam?" she asked with her hands in front of her "The one you're holding is actually pretty popular, the camera is in one of the eyes."

"Tell me, how many nannies shake their babies?" he asked, holding the bear by its neck, slowly applying pressure.

Hughie turned his head to the conversation, not exactly finding it safe for the girl to talk to the weird guy.

"Uh... I'm sorry?" Hughie said, furrowing his brows and getting closer to the two.

"I don't know, most of them?" she responded while shrugging, seemingly not fazed by the strange question.

"You know, a good-" he shook the bear with one hand "Shake, like..." he turned to the two "Like getting ketchup out of a bottle." he stopped to think "One percent? Less?"

"Probably more." (Y/n) answered.

"I-I don't know." Hughie said, stumbling over his words.

"Funny, that." he put the bear onto the shelf again "They sell a billion dollars worth of that shit worldwide. Goes to show, doesn't it? The bollocks people will believe, if you get them scared enough." he finished, getting right on Hughie's face.

The kid laughed, faking understandment and trying to seem nice. (Y/n) crossed her arms, out of the stranger's view and raised an eyebrow at his comment.

"Cool." the kid said.

"Is there anything else we can help you with today, Sir?" the girl got in the way of the conversation, not exactly liking where this was going.

"I'm not gonna piss you about, Hughie. I know what happened to Robin." the guy said, completely ignoring the girl.

"I-I'm sorry, wh-who are you?" he stuttered again, this guy was making him nervous beyond comprehension.

"She wasn't in the street. She was one step off the fucking curb. And you didn't take the pay-off." he smiled devilishly.

"Who the fuck are you again?" (Y/n) got in between the two, pushing the stranger a little far away from Hughie.