Chapter 9

The girl talked Hughie out of holding the device, which he had a strong grip on. She coaxed him into taking off his shirt to use the sink to clean himself. He turned the water while she grabbed a chef's coat to lend him.

Frenchie gave the girl an apron, so she wouldn't get dirty when cleaning. They decided it was best to clean just the floor, so they wouldn't get their shoes making prints on the ground and DNA proof on their feet, anyway, they would leave the place soon after. She knew how hard it was to get dried blood out of surfaces, so it was best to do it fast. So she began scrubbing away, receiving glances from Butcher from time to time.

As they cleaned the ground, gathering fleshy bits and burning his body, which seemed to not work, Hughie looked at them, still in shock with the whole 'blow a person up' thing. He stopped in front of them, grabbing the attention of the three.

"Sorry about all the..." he began, looking around at the walls.

"Oh, don't be stupid. You did us a favor." Butcher said, turning to the kid smiling, looking quite happy.

"How are you so calm?" he turned to the girl and she looked up at him, wiping the sweat on her forehead with her arm.

"You forget that I was in med school. We used corpses to study." she shrugged, resuming the scrubbing of the floor.

"What are we gonna do with him?" Hughie asked about the rest of Translucent's body.

"Ah, we'll take care of it." Butcher answered, leaning on the counter, looking down at the girl on the floor, he bit his lip hard.

"The-the... Tracking chip?"

"Already disabled." Frenchie said "Sit down and relax, Petit Hughie." he too leaned on the counter, holding the shovel in his hand lazily.

"Petit..." the girl repeated, laughing softly.

So, the kid stood there, just looking at the air, and suddenly he began walking out.

"Oi, where do you think you're going?" Billy asked Hughie, sounding like a parent that just grounded their kid.

"I'm going home. I need some clothes." he stopped midway.

"We'll get you clothes." the man said.

"I want my clothes." he said.

"You know how childish you sound right now?" (Y/n) said, crossing her arms and sitting on her legs on the floor.

"I'll be right back." he said, ignoring her.

"You are, perhaps, in a state of shock, mon ami." Frenchie blocked his way, standing with the shovel.

"Hughie, you just ass-bombed America's sweetheart. You can't just piss off." Butcher said, calmly.

"I need to go home." the kid looked outraged.

The english man looked at Frenchie and then at (Y/n), and she understood it right away.

"Not it!" she said fast, coming back to scrubbing the floor.

"Frenchie will go with you." the man smiled a bit.

"Wait, what? No." he snapped from the shock, smiling jokingly.

"Either he goes with you or I break your legs."

Hughie looked at Frenchie and the man rolled his eyes at him, sighing while grabbing his coat to go, clearly not happy too.

"Good lad." Butcher says.

As Hughie went up the stairs, Frenchie readied himself next to Butcher, commenting on the rest of the body.

"Translucent's skin, it won't burn off. Where you gonna stash it so Homelander can't find it?"

"Nowhere." he looked at the wall, then turned, smiling to Frenchie "But we can slow the cunt down a bit."

<->

Both Butcher and (Y/n) thought about flirting, finally being alone for something to happen. However, they were so focused on cleaning that it didn't even cross their minds, not a single word was exchanged.

They finished with the floor and the man went to his car to grab a suitcase, a big and heavy one at that. They grabbed the supe's remains, putting it into the case, then dragging it outside to his car. Both of them took their apron's off, the girl fixed her tank top and Butcher put on his trenchcoat. And that was where she couldn't keep her mouth shut, he always looked so badass and handsome using that thing.

"You know you look hot with this on?" she pointed out, getting closer to the english man, grabbing his trenchcoat by the front and pulling him against her.

"Well, now I know." he said, one hand softly on her waist and the other holding her chin to look up at him.

She smiled teasingly at him, planning to do what she always did, leave him with blue balls. However, she didn't expect him to react back this time. As she was turning away, the hand on her waist forced her back, turning her back to him.

"Oh, no, you don't." he jokingly said.

Now both of his hands were on her waist, thumbs slowly and pleasurably rubbing her sides. He pressed her against him, her back on his chest and her ass on his crotch.

She froze in place, not knowing what to do, her heart beating a thousand miles per hour. She felt his breath on her neck, brushing her hair slightly to the side. Then, she felt his lips on her ear, kissing gently just beside her jawline, it made her shiver, taking her out of her shocked state.

She pushed him softly, even though overwhelmed she didn't want to seem rude, distancing themselves quite far. She was breathing fast, a nervous wreck, but the man was calm and confused behind her. He didn't know if it was best to talk about it or stay silent, but he didn't have to think much on that, as she broke the tension in the air with her voice.

"W-we should be going. You said you needed to see a friend." she said, still with her back turned to him.

She couldn't bring herself to look at Butcher, she knew her face was as red as the devil and she also knew that looking at him would only make her want to explain things, and she hadn't known him enough to actually say some personal things.

"Aye." he simply said "Come, love. I'm gonna blow this place up." he continued, going up the stairs, his voice getting distant.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, finally having the guts to turn around and go after him.

She entered the car and waited for the man, who soon came running from the restaurant and started the car as fast as he could, driving away just as quickly.