XXXI

"Every now and then, the stars align
Boy and girl meet by the great design
Could it be that you and me are the lucky ones?"
-Lana Del Rey

CHAPTER THREEPAGE SIXThe wind sung like an orchestra and as they pulled away from each other nothing could calm the zoo of stamping elephants in her chest

CHAPTER THREE
PAGE SIX
The wind sung like an orchestra and as they pulled away from each other nothing could calm the zoo of stamping elephants in her chest.

Otherworldly, that's all that could be said.

She smiled up at him and watched as his eyes softened.

"Well..." Clementine muttered her cheeks turning a rosy red as her mind began to think through what had just happened.

"The other two will be wondering where we are" she muttered hopping down off the counter and squeezing past him.

"I'm gonna get work done in the kitchen tomorrow, I doubt I'll be able to continue in the garden right now" Clementine said as she walked into the ballroom where Jamie sat chilling by the fire.

"Where's Wren?" Questioned Alexander as he followed behind Clementine.

Jamie raised his eyebrows at the two of them a small smirk on his face,

"He's chatting to someone" Jamie pointed to the hallway before taking his last swig of whiskey.

That was all it took for Clementine to rush through to the front door and find Wren leaning against the door letting the cold air stream through.

Wren noticed Clementines arrival turning his head slightly,

"Clemmy, your funny friend is here" he said before turning back to the unknown person.

"What did you say your name was again?" He questioned

There was a quite mutter that got louder as Clementine approached.

"Ahh yes Mason! Your friend Mason is here"

By then Clementine had reached the door and was able to see poor Mason getting attacked by the rain and wind.

"Oh god! Come in, come in!"
"Why didn't you let him in Wren?"

Wren simply held his hands up and swayed his way back into the room where the other two sat.
Jamie smirking at Alexander while he tried to ignore him by disappearing behind his book.

Wren was quick to realise something had gone on and proceeded to start questioning the pair.

Clementine stood in the hallway her back towards the now closed front door and all her attention was on Mason.

"What can I do for you? And what the hell were you thinking coming out in that storm!" She investigated.

"Oh your grandmother, you know how she is. I've got some blankets and extra things for you." He paused

"She was worried and dead-set on coming up to check on you but I somehow convinced her I'd do it."

Clementine nodded, listening, while guiding him through to the ballroom.

"You've got quite a bit of work done!" Mason's voice had a sharp edge,

"You're surprised" Clementine deadpanned as she placed his jacket next to the fire.

"Can you blame me?"

"You're as bad as the others" she teased