XXII

"And she embraced the chaos for it painted her life with purpose"
-JH HARD

"And she embraced the chaos for it painted her life with purpose"-JH HARD

CHAPTER THREE
PAGE FOUR

Two hours after the incident and Clementine had calmed everyone done with the reminder that they'd end up in prison yet again.

However I t had been a long while since Clementine had last cried but here she was her head on Alexander's lap as he played with her hair and read his book aloud.

Wren was sitting by the fire watching it burn and Jamie was on the phone to Clementine's grandmother.

"Do you think we'll ever get the house finished?" Clementine questioned her voice not as chirpy as usual.

"Well we've got at least another ten weeks here, potentially add a few more on depending on the deputy's ciew of our progress" replied Jamie after finishing the phone call.

"We won't be here for the whole thing that's for sure" he continued.

Clementines stomach knotted, she felt as though reality had hit her, reality in the form of the Giani family.

Questions of doubt swarmed her mind and it wasn't until the loud knocking of the front door sounded that she remembered to breathe.

In strolled her grandma as smiley as ever.

"Oh Clementine, look I brought cake!"

At that the whole room perked up.

While Clementine, Wren and Jamie tucked in to some god-like Victoria sponge cake Alexander took gran; Eliza Hunter, around the place for a look.

It wasn't long before they returned Clementine's Gran with a massive smile across her face.

"Oh Clem, look at the progress! You're getting there!"

The cake and words of wisdom seemed to have brightened the mood of the place and they all sat chatting around the fireplace for a good few hours before Gran had to head back to The Grasshopper in hopes that Mason, who she had left in charge, hadn't burned the place down. He only had another week of his sentence left after all.