XXIX

"birds born in a cage think flying is an illness"
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

CHAPTER THREEPAGE FOUR A few days had passed and the bad weather had came in and it was now Sunday

CHAPTER THREE
PAGE FOUR
A few days had passed and the bad weather had came in and it was now Sunday.

While the wind blew a gale battering the house the four of them sat in the ballroom; fire ablaze, vinyl scraping along a beautiful melody.

Alexander was stretched out reading a book in front of the fire.
Wren lay sprawled out across one of the arm chairs, drink in hand and telling of his newest escapades with a girl traveling in the area; it was somewhere in the garden of course. Jamie had Wren's feet laying on him as he drawled out a smoke and tapped his finger along to the beat of the music. Clementine sat trying to paint her nails a dark blue.

Inside all was peaceful, outside nature was at war with itself.

"I think im gonna head outside" spoke Jamie

"are you crazy?" Clementine spoke aghast.
"You've never been out in a storm?" asked Alexander with his eyebrows raised,

"No!" she laughed only for her eyes to widen upon seeing the three men with growing mischievous smiles.

"Come on then" Wren said jumping up and going to get his shoes.

The others quickly followed while Clementine sat for a minute before rising up and heading to join the others grabbing the warmest jacket she could find on the way.

"Can we head out through the conservatory? Less cold air will get in" Clementine said as she zipped up her jacket.

"lets go" Wren laughed looping arms with Clementine and dragging her through the back to the conservatory.

As they got closer the wind got louder and Clementine snuck closer to Wren causing Jamie and Alexander to sneak a smile at each other.

Wren burst open the door to the conservatory and the cold air hit.

"The glass in here really needs fixed up" Jamie said coming to stand next to Clementine carelessly kicking shards of glass to the side

They all sounded their approval as they headed towards the glass door at the back, dodging the broken plant pots and vines.
They got to the door out the back and stepped out.

Clementine was quick to pull her jacket tighter around her as Jamie put his arms out as the wind swooped around them.

Wren laughed loudly twirling around as Alexander stared up towards the dark misty sky his hair flipping around with the gusts.

Wren spun his way over to Clementine before taking hold of her hand and spinning her around.

The laughter was silenced but their faces gave away more than the sound could. Pure unsavored joy.