XXVI

"People go but how they left stays"

CHAPTER THREEPAGE TWOThe morning after the group danced the night away caused a chill to travel up Alexanders spine as he stared out the large dome shaped window in the kitchen

CHAPTER THREE
PAGE TWO
The morning after the group danced the night away caused a chill to travel up Alexanders spine as he stared out the large dome shaped window in the kitchen. In the ballroom lay Jamie cuddling into Wren who had definitely had a few too many the night before. Alexander couldn't help but reminisce on the night.
The way they had all danced to the music as the needle waved its way through the grooves of the record and the rain battered against the walls, to the moment Wren popped open the white wine and Clementine's face when he had walked over with the bottle, what had caused such a look.
The night came to a slow end. Alexander tried desperately to think of the conversation they had just as the night came to an end but for the life of him her couldn't remember the contents only the laughter.

Clementine snuck up behind Alexander and stood next to him, a glance towards his face told her all she needed to know; he was deep in thought.
She stood calmly next to him watching themist roll over the hills in the far distance. In the green in front of her stood a doe, its ear flapped listening around the surroundings.
The doe, seeming to feel safe walked further out the mist followed by a fawn.

"Beautiful creatures" Jamie voiced just above a whisper as he appeared behind the pair.

Alexander knocked out of his deep trance with a loud 'huh', the deer froze as well as the three standing beside the window.

"Clementine! Clementine dear where are you?" Her grandmother barged yelling in such a shrill voice Wren awoke in the other room grabbing onto his head.

She rushed through into the kitchen with Mason trailing behind, inhaler in hand.

"Oh dearie, come come," she ushered Clementine through to the ballroom.
They sat down as the boys followed in "go, go, not right now boys go"

Mason dragged Wren out the room as he complained of a sore head and mumbled out his nickname for Clementine multiple times.

Sitting on the sofa ma leaned over and took hold of Clementine's hands.

"Its your mother, she's back in town."

Clementine's grip tightened, her smile turned to a grimace.

A deep breath in and an escapee tear out.