II

"It's like heaven taking the place of something evil"

CHAPTER ONE

PAGE TWO

Looking outside the side of my car window I stare at the long wall, following it around until I reach the large black metal gate.

Pulling the car to a stop I step out and walk towards them.

Tracing my fingers across the floral design of the metal some black paint chips off, dusting my fingers off I proceed to go to the chain that hangs around the gate.

Taking out the keys I test each one out till i find the right one and the chained padlock falls to my feet making some of the dusty muck to lift into the air.

Using the next key I try pushing into the keyhole of the gates but after such a long time of no one coming to the house its no surprise that I have a struggle pushing it in.
"Need any help?" A familiar voice asks from behind me,
I feel myself leap two feet into the air before turning around.
"Mason?" I ask in shock before noticing to boys behind him.
Noticing my gaze he shakes his head a smile on his face "Oh ignore them, were heading back" he replied nodding towards the castle, smiling at him I feebly handed the key to him.

Mason walked towards the gate pushed the key in and opened the gates while i watched on sending him a glare of total utter envy.
Turning around he chuckled at me shaking his head before handing me the key "Thanks" I mumbled "see you soon Clem," Mason replied giving me a quick side hug and walking off with the two other inmates.

Turning towards my car I noticed another group of inmates walk up the road.

I drove up past the gate before getting out the car and locking the gates noticing the men walking past staring at me, I felt a tug in my stomach from the looks i was receiving.
I quickly locked it and rushed towards the car and drove off following the track around a tight corner right, the area was overgrown with many weeds and trees after i turned a left the path opened up and i came to an abrupt stop.

It was breathtaking beautiful, the view in front of me. There was a large circular drive with an overgrown pond in the middle on every side of the surroundings there was grass,overgrown but still very beautiful, there was a small shed in the distance and the main, most spectacular part, the mansion, my house, my dream.

I restarted the car and finished the drive up to the front of the house. Stepping out the car I grabbed my bags, dropping them beside me and stared up at the beauty in front of me. The long stone stairs led up towards the three story high house (not including the attic), the stone detailing stood out against the greenery surrounding the house, a porch spread out across the front of the house eight pillars holding up the next few floors and three half circular windows stuck out, one in the middle above the door the other two at each end of the house, all very wide, the large arch door and large windows.

Simply spectacular.

Walking up the first three steps I
walked further along the stone till I reached the next steps taking slow steps up each one,
one, two,three,four,five, six,
stopping I stared at the large arch door, their was a broken marble seat sitting a few feet away from the door on the large porch. Walking over to it I wiped off the dead leaves and mud. Wiping my hand across it I notified an engraving 'MDCCCXLVII-MDCCCL' I carry on running my hand across it feeling as if it means something important, just what, I have no idea.

Going back towards the door I slipped the large old key into the keyhole and the door creaked open wide giving me full view of the mansion.