XXXX

"Too shy to say,
but I hope you stay"

-Billie Eilish

CHAPTER FIVEPAGE ONE

CHAPTER FIVE
PAGE ONE

"Honey, look at this" Alexander whispered over to Clementine.

He had suggested they go out on a walk which lead to them sitting quiet in the grass watching as the deer roamed.

Clementine, had blushed at Alexander's nickname for her. He had been calling her it since the trip to get ice cream. It annoyed her somewhat, the way it made her cheeks pink and caused Jamie to laugh at her wasn't as delightful as it sounded.

As Clementine made her way over to Alexander she felt a sudden gust of wind and shivered. Seeing this Alexander cursed himself for not thinking to bring a jacket, instead he placed his arm around her as they crouched close.

"I'm going to miss you, you know?" He whispered. "I don't think anything will be the same"

"How do you mean?" She questioned, turning to look into his worried eyes

"We'll be gone soon, we'll be far and you'll not be around,"He sighed as he looked up at the sky "I'm going to miss you"

"I'm going to miss you too Alexander, so so much."

A silence overtook them as they sat listening to the trees rustle in the breeze.

"I- I want to ask you to be my girlfriend, you're just amazing, you've quickly became the person I want to spend every moment of my day with"

Just as Clementine went to reply, Alexander cut her off.

"But-"

"But?" She questioned, her voice wavering

"But I can't do the distance"

"Oh" She sighed

She slowly stood up, her eyes watering and an ache in her chest. God why was nothing simple. She couldn't deny the way her heart sped as he said those first few words 'I want you to be my girlfriend' it felt like flowers were blooming for her heart, like spring was beginning. Only for the to wilt away with a 'but'. Its always a 'but I can't', 'but its not good enough', 'but you're not enough'.

When would she be worth it, when would it be 'but I'm willing to try', 'but you're worth it'.

With a heavy heart she turned to Alexander, "I think the other's will be missing us" She whispered.

Together they walked in silence as the sun shone higher in the sky. One with an aching heart, the other tears in their eyes.