Chapter 1 - home (prologue)

R I C K

"Judith?" I called, running around I ran my hand through my beard.
"Marco!" I hear her giggle.
"Polo." I smiled, throwing the blanket off from over her. She screams playfully, trying to run I catch her mid air, throwing her in the air as she laughs loudly.

I catch her, Michonne in the distance talking to Gabriel and Isabella. Negans people back at Sanctuary were acting out again, they have one more chance before we shut them down.

But I know Carl wouldn't want that. He would want us to all be friends, to be equals. But we've done it with Negan. But some are not use to Negan not being in charge. Causing diversity. Which there is none of that anymore.
Since the world ended.

Judith cooed at me, wanting up. I smiled warmly, "Your getting so big." I chuckled, picking her up and bouncing her on my hip she tugged on my beard playfully.

"Ow." I playfully winced as she paused, looking at me with big eyes.
She starts to pout, getting upset she stops tugging on my beard. Rubbing her face into my shirt sadly. "You didn't hurt me!" I pouted back, "don't be so sad."

"Did you make her cry again?" Isabella smiles, purposefully strutting over.

Isabella looked brighter than she has in a long time, she looked well rested, her hair was down shoulder length and half down half up. She wore jeans and a flannel today. It was the council meeting, she always feels like she has to be somewhat proper when I don't go and she does.

We switch places to go to the council on days. I go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday— it all honestly depends if we have one or not for a situation.

"I didn't mean too." I smirked, running my hands through Judiths hair as she sniffed, "Sorry Daddy." She winced.

Isabella bends down to Judiths height in my arms, "Don't apologize to him, you didn't do anything." She winked at me, taking Judith from me as Judith clung onto her.

"What's the plan?" I asked to Isabella.
She sighed, shaking her head, "Everyone wants to get rid of the Saviors. Only a few didn't."
"Who doesn't?"
"I think Daryl and Michonne?" She shrugged, "Not totally sure."

"We've been giving them chances." I sighed, grabbing her hand as we walked down the Alexandria roads. "And enough consequences," she added, "Enough to fill a sewer line."

I smirked, "Isabella?" I grabbed her hand quickly, "I have a question for you." I rubbed my beard, holding my belt, "Do you want?-"

"Rick!" Michonne called over to us, "We need to meet at The Sanctuary tonight."

I groaned, Isabella playfully winking at me she squeezed my hand. "Don't be so glum." She tugged on my hand, "I think it's a plan." Isabella nods to Michonne.

"Rick, what did you want too?-"
"I want a baby." I said quickly.

She paused, her hand loosening on mine Judith played with her hair, oblivious. "A-A what?"

"A baby." I repeated, holding her hand she looked at me with wide eyes. I couldn't tell if she was shocked, scared, a clear no sign or—

"Yeah, yeah that would be... that would be great." She nods, a wide smile on her face she put Judith down, jumping on me she kisses me, her hands around my neck she nearly knocked me down.

"So yeah?" I breathed.
"Oblivious much?" She shook her head.
"Sorry." I smirked, Judith running over to Michonne as Michonne glanced at us, then walked away with Judith. Looking shocked.

-

I S A B E L L A

"So," I clear my throat as I awkwardly leaned on the railing of the Sanctuary's second floor. This was bringing back too many memories, it's impossible for me to do this. "Uh, So," I cleared my throat, "You have one more chance, clean up the window with 'We need Negan' on it and get to work. We will give you some extra supplies but... ourselves don't have much to give." I nodded.

"So we have to work harder." Rick cleared his throat.

"...Yes, work double time." I nodded, picking my finger nails as I turned, Michonne behind me. "You've been here before." She glared, "Why are you like this?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Her eyes got big, "Oh-"

"Girls." Daryl warned, turning around he glared.
"Sorry." We whispered.

-

We jump on the horse behind Rick as everyone else took a wagon.

I chose not to have my own horse since I've never ridden one and honestly I'll probably kill myself on one. I don't trust myself.

I held Ricks waist as we rode down the dark streets, already ridden two miles we were close to Alexandria.

"I'll teach you to ride eventually," Rick says calmly, holding my hand that was held around his waist.
"You know I'm afraid of them," I shrugged, "I don't want to hurt you trying."

He snaps his head back and laughed humorously, "hurt me? Nothing can hurt me." He jokes, "I wouldn't get hurt."

I leaned my head on his shoulder, smiling I look up into the night sky, "Alright Cowboy."