Chapter 13 - do you know a rick grimes?

"Judith." I shook my head as she cried, RJ hugging my side, "Judith I won't be gone long, you need to stay here."

"P-Please stop leaving." She sniffed, wiping her nose on her sleeve, "You fight and fight but you don't get anything in return."

I smirked sadly, fixing her hat. "We don't always get something in return honey."
"They why do you get hurt? Why don't you get sanctuary? Why don't you just relax and let everyone else do it!" She yelled as RJ nodded, "Stay here, with us." He mumbled.

I looked at RJ, "You guys-"

Lydia walked up to me. "You stay here. You've done enough for us. If you continue doing this, there won't be much of you left." She nodded, "Rick needed someone like you. But now you don't have someone like him."

"Mom please stay here, with us." She pouts.

I sucked up my tears, hanging my head down as I kneeled down at level with Judith and RJ. "I'll stay, snipe and watch. Everyone, watch your backs and remember what to do. This cement building is stable, but not when something breaks inside. Stay quiet, stay safe." I nodded, "Run back here if something goes south."

They nodded, Negans eye lingering on me for a moment with curiosity. "Yes ma'am." He almost glared.

"Okay, kids," I nodded, taking their hands, "RJ, you be a good boy and watch your sister." I nodded as I handed him a knife, "I haven't trained you yet, but after this I will."

He held the knife, admiring it. "This is your knife momma." He says.
"It's yours now." I nodded, "See? It has my markings." I smiled.
"Thanks mom." He smiled, "Judith, get behind me." He stands tall, "Shut up squirt." She glared, "Why does he have to be in charge?"

I give her a look, "Just listen to him."

She playfully rolled her eyes, Gabriel staying with them as Negan makes a longing look at me, and disappears behind a nearby wall.

"I'm going to talk to Negan, stay here." I smirked, kissing their heads as I followed him.

"Negan what-" I was cut off as I felt a hand tug on mine, bringing me behind the wall.
"Isabella." He whispers, his breathing rough and labored, "Isabella I love you."

I paused as he held my hand, hidden us behind this wall, "Negan... I..." I paused, "This isn't right."

"Yes it is." He smiled, "I want us."
"When did you think this was... this was a thing? A good idea?" I asked, "I love Rick."

He paused, looking away from me, "I might as well speak before everything goes down."

I laughed sarcastically, "Excuse me?"

"Isabella, I saw that look in your eye." He smiled, touching my cheek, "You have feelings for me."

"I never did, Negan. Don't force my hand." I glared, "I care about you as a ally."

"I just wanted to tell you that before the war." He smirked. "You might never see Rick. Why do you hold such feelings for him? Such hope in this world? Please tell me."

"This is a test." I whispered, pushing on his chest threateningly, "Step off."

"Why?" He asked, "He was nothing but a baby looking for his mother, I want you to show me that rage." He smiled, "I know that you've been hiding some-"

I slapped him, my arm radiating a stinging sensation down into my shoulder. I huffed, tears stinging my eyes as they threatened to make way. "He is my husband. He is the only person I have after my kids... our kids." I glared, "And you'll never understand. No one will."