Chapter 8 - im not coming back

"So." Rick says, laying down a large blanket. "How's life going without me?" He asks.

"Don't say that." I glared, "You are not dead."

"You don't know that." Rick sits down, setting Judith down next to him as I sit down in front of him. "You haven't seen Jadis in weeks, don't you think that's a clue to where I'm at?"

"Why would Jadis be involved?" I cocked my head, handing Rick RJ. "She was a trash scrapper." I sighed, laying down.

"Yes, but she had a walkytalky. Gabriel won't speak about the matter involving that walkytalky. Don't you think that's something?" Rick says, laying down next to me with Judith next to him and RJ between us.

"I..." I paused, "Thats definitely a clue. I should wake up-" I sat up, groaning I held my stomach, "God... I'm sore."

"If I had any experience with this, you should find a heating pad." Rick winked, grabbing my hands, "Please, stay with me forever here. Where no threat or someone can ruin it."

I snapped my eyes to him, concerned for his words. "You are not my Rick." I try to stand up, but his hand lingered on mine as he stood up with me. "But the Rick you wish for." He whispers as Judith played with RJ on the picnic blanket.

"Rick..." I hesitated, looking at his hands.

Then I notice his bare ring finger.

"Where is your ring?" I asked, rubbing his hand.
"It must've blow off in the explosion." He shrugged, "But... that doesn't matter. I remember telling you, Isabella, that there isn't a need for rings." He smiled at me, inches from me.

"Rick, I miss you. I can't do this without you." The tears stung my eyes, my hands refused to let go of his warm ones. "M-My hands were on you, Rick. My hands! I was right there! You threw me off of you! Why!" I screamed, pushing on his chest in frustration as he stumbled back in shock.

"You refused for me to save you! To take you back home where you would see RJ and Judith everyday! You-You sacrificed your life for something that could have been saved already!" I screamed, slamming my fists into his chest as my tears flowed freely.

"That's my Rick Grimes!" I cried, "Someone who isn't selfish!" I scream, "Someone who would want their wife to take care of their children! This isn't sanctuary! This is my final resting place!" I scream, grabbing his hands as he looked down at me in utter shock. His eyes were wide, his mouth ajar.

"...You'll never see me the same again if you do this. Once you come back here you will always know I'm not your husband." His lip quivered, kissing me softly, "Please find me."

I gasped, sitting up hyperventilating as the room around me looked blurry.

I held my hands around my arms for a feeling of protection. Am I dead? Where's my son?

"Daryl-" I wheezed, a strong head rush knocked me back down.

I grab the bedsheets, my entire body ached and was painfully sore. I was crying, but. I don't know why.

"Isabella!" Siddiq yelled, rushing to my side. "Your burning up."

"I'm dying." I hyperventilate.
"You were, not so sure now." He says under his breath. "Stay still."

I closed my eyes, feeling a syringe poke into my skin. "What is that?" I sharply say.

"Let's say a painkiller." Siddiq nods, "It will numb your soreness and pain for a few hours. I'll give you some pills for it, only take one." He nods.

"What happened?" I coughed.
"Your placenta detached, you had excessive bleeding." He says, "We recommend-"

I sat up, holding my stomach. "Hold on." I paused, looking at him, "please lay back down." Siddiq says.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, "... I..." he looks down, "A few weeks."

I look away, back at the floor, "I haven't eaten anything in weeks?" I asked.

"We can't force you to eat, only give you fluids." Siddiq says, "Your lucky you woke up when you did, Judith has been missing you."

I look around, "wheres Rj!?" I exclaimed, standing up, but immediately getting a terrible head rush. Siddiq springs over, holding my arm, "Hes with Michonne, as well Judith."

"I feel terrible Siddiq." I groaned.
"I'm not surprised." He nods, "Here's your clothes, I'd recommend that you don't go looking for Rick again till you are fine."

"You know I won't." I glared, "I'm doing it as soon as possible. I will go away for awhile if I have too."

"I know." Siddiq sighed.

-

8 years later...

"What are the whisperers mom?" Judith asks, placing Ricks gun back. "Why are they attacking us?"

"Hold on Jude!" I yelled from RJ's room, "Honey, please put on some pants." I squatted in front of him, "The jeans won't hurt you."

"They itch my legs momma." He says, "Why do I have to wear them and not sweats?"

"Because jeans are difficult for the walkers to bite through. I don't want my baby getting hurt. Now listen and put the pants on please." I kissed his head, walking over to Judith waiting for me. Sitting on her bed.

"Sorry honey your-"
"He doesn't like the jeans I know."
"I'm sorry Jude." I sat down next to her, "What was the question?"

"Why do the whisperers want us... well, gone?" She asks.
"Because aunty Carol shot and was on Alphas land. And Alphas daughter left- remember? She left a few weeks ago and now we don't have our ticket to safety." I nodded, "Now we have to be at the meeting place Judith, you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll just go grab dads gun again." She nods. "Good choice." I nodded, kissing her head I walk over to RJ. What had put on the jeans, "Okay, got your bags?" I yelled to both of them from RJ's room.

"Yeah momma." RJ replied.
"Yeah ma!" Judith yelled.

"Then let's get a move on, we have to get to Oceanside to drop you two off then momma has to go." I nodded, heading down the stairs with RJ's hand in mine, Judith holding my arm.

"Why do you have to go?" She pouted.
"Yeah momma." RJ cried.
"Because I have to give input to Gabriel and Michonne, we have to attack in three days." I nodded, "I'll ride us to Oceanside and drop you two off, is it a deal?"

Judith and RJ simply sighed at me.
"Okay buggers, whatever." I rolled my eyes.

I knew they'd be upset. But what can you do? In a world like this they've adapted to walkers, it's at the point of being normal now. But they can't let me do my job, putting myself first. I understand why, but I have to do it. And every time I do they still argue with me about it. It honestly makes me crack up.

"Hey!" I waved to Michonne as I put Judith in the front seat and RJ in the back.
"Hey Bell. Heading to Oceanside to drop the kids off?" She asks, packing things in the back. "Yeah, too dangerous over here-"

"I can protect you too, mom." Judith glared. "I can come and I can shoot and Aunt Michonne taught me how to use my Katana. I can come!" She yelled.

"If you do come," I squinted, Michonne hooking the horses to the car, "You cannot leave my sight. And if something goes wrong you run. Understand?" I glared.

"Me too momma!" RJ smiled.
"No." I chuckled, "Too dangerous."
"But why does Judith get to go?" He asks. "Because your sister has the fighting abilities, baby." I nodded, "I'll teach you after this is over, okay?" I smiled.

"Okay momma." He nods.

"HA!" I yelled, steering the horses back onto the road.