Chapter 12 - hilltop

I S A B E L L A

I hissed. Biting the cloth in my mouth as the alcohol seeped into my wounds, wishing I wasn't sitting here.

"Your brave." Siddiq says, looking at my cuts on my arms, "You said you didn't cry the entire time?"

"It- it doesn't matter." I wince, "I got out, right? Next step is to figure out when they will release their hounds and protect hilltop." I panted, squeezing my eyes shut, squeezing the sheets underneath me.

"That's not what you want to do." Siddiq shrugged.
"How do you know?" I asked as he starts to wrap up all my of my arms and my hands.
"Because I saw that look, that look of despair as you walked in here like this." Siddiq shrugged, "You miss Rick. You want to look for him."

"Ricks gone." I whispered, "Alexandria and Hilltop are priority."

"You don't know that." Siddiq says, wrapping my ribs and back, "he might be alone, and afraid. You can't leave him."

"Siddiq I know." I growled, "I've known and thought for a very long time."

"Then why stop?" He asks, stopping.
"Siddiq I don't need this." I growled, putting my shirt back on, "I don't need criticism, I don't need to be talked down."

"Isabella you have to go look for him." Siddiq says, "You wanted to be out there. You didn't want to come back another time without Rick. I know it." He says.

"Siddiq shut up." I growled lowly, stepping him up.

"What's happening?" Daryl walks in, looking at us both.
"Nothing." I hissed, Siddiq simply looks away.
"Clearly doesn't look like nothing." Daryl cocked his head, "I came in here to check on isabella and it seems you two are having a grand ol time." He glared.

"She won't fuss up to the fact she wants to leave to find Rick." Siddiq complains, "If he was here he could have stopped Enid and everyone from dying!"

"What's wrong with you!?" Daryl steps towards him, "What is wrong with you! She did her best! Rick couldn't have done better!" Daryl yelled.

"Well I lost Enid, I'm blaming her for it." He hissed, "If she causes us to loose anything, I'm going to vote her out of here."

"...Siddiq?" I looked over at him. He's never acted like this, never. Does he really think I caused this? I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I want to keep everyone safe... not to split us up?

"Leave." He pointed to the door, "Or I'll force you two to leave."

Daryl grabbed my wrist gently, "Let's get out of here, you don't deserve this sick joke." He glared at Siddiq, walking us out.

I shut my mouth, rubbing my stinging arms. I vividly remember what happened, when we walked up to the border, seeing their... severed heads on sticks.

I didn't want any of this to happen.

"Isabella?" Daryl gnaws on his lip, "You good? You think you can fight at hilltop?"

I shook my head, "What else can I do to help?"

Daryl puts his hand on my shoulder, "Isabella, you do not deserve this." He nods, "You don't need to help, you've help us build this place to what it is now. You should wait here for us."

I sighed, running my hand down my face.
"What's eating at you? Really?" He asks, "It's not what Siddiq said, is it?"

I shook my head, trying to suck up my tears, "I can't handle this anymore, I won't run. Not again. But... Rick is alone. We left him alone for god sakes..." I covered my eyes, walking down the sidewalk, "I practically killed Enid and everyone. Siddiq is right."