Chapter 11 - your unrecognizable

The grab the sticks, both of them, together.

They whip my arms, not just my forearms. They whip my shoulders.

I panted, flinching every hit yet I didn't cry. I refuse to cry, if alpha wasn't lying about me being 'strong enough then letting me go' then I'll do whatever it takes to not show any emotion.

"You are a tough cookie." She smiled, "we hit you..." she counts. "10 times both arms. Beta, hand me my grabber."

"Yes Alpha." He nods, walking away for a second.

She runs her fingers up and down my arm, my blood on her hands, "Your tough.... very. Your own blood soaking and staining your skin, getting words carved into your skin, whipped brutally... people should be bowing to you." She smiled, touching my bleeding arms.

I kept my face up and towards north.

"Here, Alpha." Beta hands the grabbers to her.
They were just pliers?

"Give me your fingers." She nods, in which I calmly did so.

She adjusts the pliers on my thumb nail, looking me in the eyes, "Will you scream and cry?" She smiled, pulling my thumb nail off.

I flinched, closing my eyes as the warmth in my hand turned burning hot in pain.

I panted, opening my eyes as my thumb bled down my hand.

"My god! I love you!" She smiled, grabbing my other hand, adjusting the plier on my pinky, and pulling the nail off.

I squeezed my eyes closed, hanging my head down to hide my emotion. "Not a peep!" Alpha smiled, pulling my other pinky.

"It's not working, Alpha." Beta cocks his head, "Let me do something."

She sighs, nodding she threw the pliers on the dirt next to her, "Don't ruin her too bad... I'd like her to stay pretty." Alpha smiled, "For when her boyfriend comes back."

Beta smiled, grabbing his knife, forcing my head down and pulling my hair forward, "I'd like to cut some of your scalp off."

My eyes shot open, I bite so hard my lip I feel it start to bleed.

I feel his knife drag across my back, he lifts the back of my shirt, "I think you should keep your hair."

I released a breath, breathing in a sharp breath as I feel his dagger cut my back.

He starts slashing my back, getting angrier as I didn't make any noise.

"What have you been through!?" He yells, grabbing my throat and shoving my on the tree behind alpha, slamming my head on it as I winced. "You wouldn't want to know." I responded.

"ENLIGHTEN ME! How can we make this worse so you simply cry!!" He yells.

"I was hung by a chain caused by cannibals. I was beaten by a bat and lost my first child. I got abandoned in the forest and nearly ended it all. I lost my friends in war. My families dead. My husband is most likely dead. I lost my son-like friend. I got my throat slit open. Want me to continue!" I yelled, "Cause id just LOVE TOO!" I screamed.

He sat there, unsatisfied. "No. I can do better. We can do better."

Alpha sighed, "No, Beta, we have done enough damage." She shook her head, "Let's send her home."

-
D A R Y L

"We're here." Michonne nods, "Keep your head down."

"COME ON OUT YOU FIENDS!" I screamed, jumping out of the car, "Give us back Isabella!"

I see Alpha come walking to us, Beta behind her and Isabella with a bag over her head.
"Daryl, we were going to deliver her to you." Alpha says, walking to the boundary.

I drop just 7 feet away from the sticks, Michonne behind me. "Hand her over." I glared, "I'll shoot."

"I'm fine." Isabella says, raising her tied up hands, "I'm okay."

"Go on, walk to them blind mice." Beta growls, shoving her towards us.

She blindly walks straight. Walking over the boundary.

I drop my crossbow, running to her and wrapping my arms around her back, she doesn't hug back, only tenses.

I look up, and Alpha and Beta are gone.

"Their gone." I say.

She relaxes, grabbing my arm tightly, "My back hurts, Daryl." She winced.

Michonne quickly ran over, cutting her loose and throwing the bag off her head.

"Oh god." Michonne whispers, "What happened?"

"Isabella I-" I release her, noticing blood on my hands. "Turn around and let me see your back." I growled, "Now."

She turns around, her shirt soaked front and back in blood. Deep carved marks in her back from a knife, her blood dripping down and soaking any fabric near.

"Oh my god." Michonne and I whisper, Michonne immediately walks up to her and checks her face as I step back in utter shock. "Where are you hurt?" She asks.

"My ribs, my arms." She lists, "I didn't cry." She whispers.

"Let me see your ribs." Michonne says, lifting her shirt, then looks at me in fear. "Whatcha find." I ask, flicking my hair out of my face I lean down to look.

I notice a messy leaf filled stab wound, seeping puss and some sap. Then under the stab wound the word carved Deserter was pussing and bleeding.

"We need to get you back, at the rate these look you might as well get an infection." I say, careful not to touch her wounds as I wrap my arm around her as does Michonne. We walk her back to the car.

"Did they tell you anything?" Michonne asks.
"No." She responded quietly.
"Isabella why are you quiet?" I asked, turning around to look at her as Michonne led the horses.

"... none of your business." She looked away.
"Isabella I know you got hurt but what happened doesn't add up. Why did they do this to you?" I asked.
"Daryl- you know how people like them work." She glared, hissing in pain as she tried to get comfortable, "They make points outta the protective leaders."

I naw on my bottom lip in thought, "Isabella, did they say something that hit home?" I asked, suddenly noticing her hair.

She looked away, carefully touching the uneven pieces of hair. "... they kept bringing up Rick." Her voice cracked, "They didn't know any better, yet it hit too hard." She shuts her mouth, breathing deeply to stop crying.

I grab her blood dried hand, rubbing her knuckles. "We'll get em."