Chapter 16 - i learned from him (2/3)

Two weeks later...

"You are tough." One man says, shoving my head under the cold water.

I closed my eyes, my breath being dragged out of me as I thrashed over and over again. The suffocation is almost inevitably coming for me.

They pull my head up, I choke and wheeze. Coughing as my short two inch long hair started to get soaked, sticking to my face. "S-Stop." I coughed.

"Don't think so. Do it." The man in the corner commanded the boy, who shoved my head down under again.

This time, I didn't thrash, I pretended to pass out.

"She dead?" The boy asks.
"Probably not." The man says, "Hold her there till she starts thrashing again."

I stiffen, my lungs burning as my throat closed up. My heart beating in my ears like drums that were put on speaker. I suddenly take a breath of water, then thrash for air.

"See?" The man said, "I was right. Pull her up, let's try something else."

I was pulled up, coughing as a loud gurgling noise repetitively bubbles in my chest as I unsuccessfully did not choke any water up.

They sat waiting for me, not moving.

I slammed my body down on the ground, then my throat opens and the water poured out of my mouth as I laid my head sideways on the ground. Thankful I get to taste air again.

Then they grab me, strapping my arms behind me to the wall as the middle aged man wiped his knuckles, "Okay. Let's test your theory. Have you been punched before?"

"Yep." I coughed.
"Here's a hard one since I can't think of anything else to do..." he says, "Throat slit?"
"Yep." I wheezed, spitting out water.
"Holy cow. People should worship you!" The man said.

"Shut up, I've heard that before." I growled, coughing I hung my head down. Looking up with the upmost sincere rage I could for these people. They took my husband and I have no patience for anything other than finding him and taking this place down. "You have?" He smiled.

"You must be lucky, because you ain't dead yet. Must take a lot out of us just to even make it so you can't stand." The man smirked, "I plan on grabbing my gadgets in 15 minutes, the facilities special guy is going to come down here and get your clothes ready for after your first taste after your torture." He smiled wildly.

"Why torture me?" I asked.
"Because you have information we think we need." He responded blandly, "get prepared, we don't have much patience for any type of shenanigans." He shrugged, grabbing his things as he dragged the water out, closing the door behind him.

"Yo! Let's get a move on!" The man yelled.
"Yessir." The husky accented voice sent shivers up and down my spine, I felt emotional suddenly. Like my world opened again for just a moment.

I kept my head to the floor, some hidden fear slowly bubbling up. I'm thankful there ain't no cameras in these rooms, only outside of them.

The tattered white stormtrooper walked in. I soon realize it was the one that looked at me for too long.

"Get a move on." I growled, my voice low.
"I planned on it." He replied.
"Excuse me?" I cocked my head, so did the man, "You are different." He says.

"You know nothing about me. Open your mouth one more time I swear I'll struggle out of these chains and put you on your knees." I hissed as he slowly put down the clothes on my bed, looking at me again for far too long.

"Why do you look at me like that." I growled, "Stop it."

He didn't respond, his eyes kept tracing my figure almost like he needed too. Then he looked away, walking out. He mumbled something?