Chapter 6 - shoulder to lean on

Two weeks later...

I held the pillow in my arms as I refused to turn over on the side Rick would lay on.

I have Judith left. She's the only thing I have. Yet I can hardly get out of bed to feed her.

"Momma?" She called from her room.

I wiped my tears, taking in a deep breath I smiled, "Yeah honey?"
She runs down the hall, "Have you been crying about daddy?"

I turn around, "What Jude?"
"Nothing Momma. Can I go to Auntie Michonnes house? I wanna pick tomatoes with her." Judith clasps her hands.

I take in a sharp inhale, the numbing pain of that sentence didn't hit too hard. But i know I can't be there for her now.

"Yeah, I'll take you."

-

"Thanks." I nodded to Michonne. Sluggishly handing Judith over to her she puts her down, whispering to me, "If you need me to babysit or anything. I can. Okay?"

I nodded, "Is it... bad that I talk to Negan?"
She paused, "... no? But... be careful."

I nodded, pushing my hair from my face I walked towards his cell, ushering away the guard I look around to make sure no one sees me. then pickpocket the keys and enter the room.

"Ah, Isabella." He says, pausing his painting. "He's gone." My voice cracks.

Negan put his brush down, "... Oh god, I'm sorry isabella."

I open up his cell, looking out the top window to check no one was around. He steps away from me, . "Isabella think about what you are going to do."

"... But it's going to feel better."
"Isabella, you have a daughter. Killing or hurting me isn't an option to let out your pain." Negan pressed himself against the wall, "Trust me, Bella. I don't want to hurt you."

"Don't call me that." I glared, stomping towards him I shoved my fist towards him. I didn't put much effort as he grabs my wrist.

On cue, I just start sobbing as hard as humanly possible. My knees buckled as he held me up by my wrist. Almost seeming scared if he should help me or not.

"Do you want?-"
I hug him, holding him I pressed my face on his shoulder.

At first he didn't hug me, but then snuck his arms around me in an embrace. He relaxed, he almost seemed like he wanted it. "I'm so sorry." He whispers to me.

I shook my head, "I-I can't do it." I cried, "I-I n-need to look for him."
Negan nodded taking in my presents the best he could while he still had me, he was touch deprived terribly. He needed a hug.
"Yes you can." He says, "Don't ever say you can't."

"Negan I soon will have to take care of two kids." I hiccuped as I stepped away, "Negan it's.." I paused.

Awhile back I promised Rick I'd take care of his family. They are my family.

"Thanks." I nodded, rubbing my nose my wrist.
"For what?" Negan asks.

I close the cell door, "For helping me realize."

-
3-4 weeks later...

"We're going to look for Rick Grimes." I nodded, "We've waited and gathered supplies for long enough, this mans body-" I cleared my throat, getting a grip, "-I saw it was thrown east of the bridge, I think..." I pointed on the map, "... it's in the river."

"Do you think you can do it?" Someone said in the crowd.
"Excuse me?" I smirked, cocking my head.
"You look terrible, not to be rude." They replied.
"Say another word and you leave." Daryl grumbled.

They sunk in their seat.

"Anyway," I added, taking a deep sigh, "We look for him until we have enough time to get back here before dark, raise your hands if you want to go look for him." I nodded.

12 people raise their hands.

"Great, grab you're weapons and let's go."

-

"Can you explain to me," Daryl asks while I ride on his motorcycle, "...Why you've been sick?"

"It's nothing." I cleared my throat, "Why are you concerned?"

"I know you lost him, now you are given the personal job to take care of his child, but I don't think that's why." Daryl says, "Give it to me straight."

I laughed, "Don't."
"Dont what?" He asks.
"Dont ask me." I sighed, "It's not a big deal."
"But you've been sick on and off even before Rick was gone-"

"We're here!" I yelled, everyone halts as the river, a 60 feet ahead of us comes into view.

"Isabella wait!-" Daryl yelled.

I jumped off his motorcycle, running to the muddy and dirty river as dead walkers littered it. He has to be here. He has to be.

I pause, digging in the mud as his body was isn't in the area I dug for any clues. My knees burying themselves deeper and deeper into the mud as my hands turned a dark brown. Coated in the watery sandish mud as everyone called and looked around the rivers waters, spreading off in a search.

I stood up, going to a different spot as I dug, my nails getting pressured with dirt.

"..." I held myself from the sight I see, looking down at what I wasn't expecting.

"... isabella." Daryl says behind me, "Isabella I'm sorry."

I grabbed Ricks gun, my hands shaking furiously as I held the mud covered weapon to my chest. Standing up.

"Find him." I tell him, "Please- goodness- find him."