Chapter 10

A/N: Since the last chapter and this chapter are both kinda short, decided to post both. That and also there's not a whole lot going on in the last chapter and this chapter. But hopefully some more going on in the next chapter! Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Asami POV

Did I really just do that? Ugh, why am I such an idiot?! She probably hates me now! Why does this have to be so complicated?

I rested my head on the bathroom door. I saw the scars and I saw the sadness in her eyes when she looked at them. And I don't know, it just happened, I wanted to try to make her feel better but I think I may have made it worse. I jumped when Korra's voice came from right on the other side of the door.

"Hey 'Sami, you alright in there? You've been in there for a while." I could hear the worry in her voice. I turned around and opened the door, only to find her leaning heavily on to door frame. Her breath was labored, I could tell it was costing her a lot just to be standing.

"Let's get you back in bed, you don't need to be up, you should be resting," I said as I moved to pick her up.

Korra backed up a little bit, still leaning on the wall, "Not until you tell me why you locked yourself in there," she said giving a little pout. Even all bandaged up and injured, she still looked cute.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said and looked down, my face heated up again, "I'm sorry for what I did, I had no right to do that."

Korra took my chin in her index finger and thumb, lifting my chin so my eyes would meet hers.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I'm not."

I could here the sincerity in her voice and see it in her eyes.

"You really mean that?" I asked, uncertain, even though I could see she did in her beautiful sapphire blue eyes. She gave a nod, her eyes never leaving mine. "Ok, let's get you back in bed," I said, picking her up. I placed her in the bed and turned to walk away. Tan fingers slipped around my wrist.

"Sit with me?"

I smiled and sat on the edge of the bed. She shifted closer to the left side of the bed so I could sit with her. She rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and waist, gently resting my cheek on her head so I don't hurt the gash in her head. We sat there for a while and I listened as her breath slowly returned to normal. She shifted in the bed and I was about to ask if she was was alright or if I was making her uncomfortable, when she snuggled a little closer and nuzzled her face into my neck. My heart started racing and I felt my face heat up again.

I wrapped my arms a little tighter around her and gave a light kiss on the top of her head. She placed her hand on my stomach, the she started brushing her fingers on my stomach. After the shock wore off, I gave a small smile and started brushing my fingers up and down her bare bicep.

"'Sami?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm tired, I just want to go to sleep. Right here. With you." She said the 'with you' so quietly, I almost didn't here it.

"Me too, but the doctor said you can't fall asleep tonight, you ha-" I really wanted nothing more right now than to fall asleep with her in my arms, but I knew she couldn't.

"Have to stay awake for 24 hours because of the concussion," mumbling it like someone who had heard it a thousand times, and she probably had.

"Speaking of, what happened with your other concussions? If you don't mind me asking that is." I asked, lifting my head and looking down at her.

"It's a long story, do you really want to hear about it?" She asked, looking up at me, curious, almost pleading.

"I want to know everything there is to know about you," I said without hesitation, booping the tip of her nose as I said 'you.' She smiled and I saw her cheeks darken a little in a blush.