Chapter 17

A/N: Alright so here's 17, the second to last chapter! I'll post the last chapter tonight because you guys are awesome! Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Asami POV

"Alright so Opal and Jinora should be here in a few minutes so let's get all packed up and down there," I said, I couldn't stop smiling. Despite the events of yesterday, I felt happy and had the best sleep I had had in a while. I fell asleep in the arms of the woman I loved and woke up in those same arms.

Dr. Kya had discharged Korra a few minutes ago and explained what we would need to do to care for her wounds. Once we get home, we could take the bandage off her head and had to wash her hair and wounds. We didn't have that much stuff so it didn't take long to get everything together. We soon made our way downstairs, Korra in a wheelchair and I was pushing her. They said it might take a couple of days but eventually her strength would return, a blow to the head like that just takes a toll, especially when having that many previous concussions.

I picked up Korra and put her into the backseat, buckling her up. I ran around to the other side and slid in. Both Opal and Jinora were ecstatic and barely let me get into the car before excitedly telling me of the events that took place last night. So Opal had a date and Jinora had a boyfriend, I was happy for them. Then I told them about Mako, they weren't surprised, they knew it was coming sooner or later.

"So how are you doing from it?" Opal asked.

"Actually pretty alright," I said, looking down, my face heating up and glancing over at Korra.

After a long car ride filled with excited chatter, they finally arrived home. I carried Korra up to the apartment even though she insisted she could walk herself. I wasn't going to let her do that, she's taken care of me and I'm going to take care of her.

"Can I get this thing off now? It's starting to get itchy," Korra pouted, motioning to her head.

I chuckled, "Just a second, alright? We need to get our stuff put up first."

"Fine," she whined, still pouting. I could tell a he was just messing around, and it was adorable. Dork.