Chapter 18

A/N: Alright guys, here's the final chapter! I'm sad it's coming to an end, but I have some other ideas! Stay tuned for an update spam right after this concerning those ideas. Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Korra POV

"Alright, almost done," Asami said, finishing unwrapping the bandages around my head, then peeling the bandage off my cheek.

"Finally, my head can breathe," I laughed, which earned a chuckle in return.

"Alright, let's get your hair rinsed."

Pale fingers and water ran through short chestnut hair, then across tan cheeks. Even though I insisted I could do it, Asami patted my face dry, and carefully dried my hair with a towel and then a hairdryer. Asami checked the side of my head, then my cheek, her face only inches from mine. I wanted to kiss her, but I couldn't, not after what she went through with Mako last night. Oh spirits, I've been staring. How long have I been staring, I hope she didn't notice. I looked away but then back into her eyes.

"Thank you, 'Sami," I breathed.

"You're welcome, Korra," she whispered. I saw her looking at my lips and unconsciously bite her lower lip. She turned around quickly.

"Alright, so the doctor said I just need to put this bandage on your cheek to keep the wound clean. And we have to wash your head twice a day, so morning and then evening, and then wrap it back up" she quickly bandages my cheek, keeping her eyes focused solely on my cheek. But then she caught me staring at hers. She careered my other cheek, resting her forehead against mine. I closed my eyes, just taking in the feeling. After a few moments, I felt her soft lips gently press to mine. I moved a hand up to her cheek, kissing her back. She pulled back and I immediately missed the feeling of her lips on mine. I opened my eyes and found her stunning green ones staring back at me.

"You were my reason," I whispered to her. At first her eyes filled with confusion, but it only took moments for her to remember. Her lips found mine again, this kiss just as sweet as the first. She pulled back far too soon for my liking.

"I love you, Korra."

"I love you too, Asami."