Chapter 2: Graduation

Y/n's POV

It's been 2 years since I joined the 104th Cadet Corps. Me and Reiner have gotten super close. I would be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for the giant teddy bear. He seems all tough and scary to everyone else but he's super sweet.

We're doing a fitness assessment. We're all wearing weighted backpacks. I noticed Armin falling behind. I was about to run beside him and take his backpack but Reiner beat me to it. He runs back beside me and smiles at me.

So cute

~Time Skip~

Now we're practicing hand to hand combat. Me and Reiner are partners. I quickly disarm him and then we switch roles. He goes to take the knife so I block, but it was a fake out and he tripped me. Quickly I grabbed onto his jacket which pulled him down with me. Now he was on top of me and our faces inches apart. He blushed and I looked away embarrassed. He was about to get off but Mikasa kicked him off of me, while Eren went to go lecture him. Mikasa helps me up.

"Are you alright?" She asks

"I-I'm fine" I say still slightly embarrassed at how close we were. She then glares at Reiner and pulls me away. We turn around and see Eren fighting Annie. Eren lunges at her but she swiftly kicks his foot out from under him. She then tries to leave.

"You have to get the wooden knife" Reiner says

"Wait n-" Eren begins but is cut off by Annie dropping him on his head with a few moves. Annie gets ready to take on Reiner but Reiner chickens out.

~Dinner Time~

I was sitting next to Reiner. Me and him were lowkey flirting and Bertholdt couldn't take it anymore.

"Could you two just kiss already?" He says. We both turn our heads in embarrassment. We then look over to see Jean and Eren fighting. I sigh.

"You're so shallow for wanting to join the Military Police" Eren says. They both then get super close to eachother and look like they're about to get into a fist fight. Me and Mikasa both get up. I grab Jean and Mikasa grabs Eren. Jean for some reason attempts to punch Eren. I grab his arm and pull it behind his back with one hand while the other is on the back of his head. I then slam him into the ground.

"Ow" Jean says. We then hear the door slam open.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" Sadies asks.

"Sasha farted" Mikasa says. Sadies sighs and closes the door. We all burst out laughing and I get off of Jean. I head back over to Reiner.

"Y'know that was kind of hot" Reiner says. I decide to flirt back. We always did this so it was nothing new.

"Didn't know you were looking at me" I say smiling. As I go to sit down someone bumps into me and I fall forward. Me and Reiner's lips meet and both of our eyes go wide. We both break apart and just stare at eachother.

"THAT'S MY SISTER!" Eren yells as he gets up and walks over. Before he can do anything.

"Stand down before I beat you up" I say. He nods and walks back. I then get up and walk out.

I can't believe we just kissed... it was an accident but still.

I touch my lips as I head to the girls dorm.

~Graduation~

"YOU FILTHY MAGGOTS HAVE GRADUATED! THE TOP TEN ARE BEING CALLED FROM LOWEST TO HIGHEST!" Sadies says

"SASHA BLOUSE, CONNIE SPRINGER, MARCO BODT, JEAN KIRSTEN, EREN JAEGER, ANNIE LEONHART, AND BERTHOLDT HOOVER"

Yay Eren did it!

"REINER BRAUN!"

Yessss!!!

"MIKASA ACKERMAN!"

She's so good at ODM gear

"AND Y/N JAEGER!" I smile. We all begin celebrating. I walk over to Reiner.

"So which branch are you joining?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure yet. What about you?"

"Scout Regiment" I say. His eyes widen.

"Y'know this could be one of the last times we see eachother in a while.. so I might as well say it... I- um... I like you" I say as I look to the ground.

"Darn you... even confessed before I could" He says. I look up at him confused.

"Y/n.. I like you too.. but you son of a gun.. I can't believe you confessed first. That makes me look bad" he says. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Do you wanna get some fresh air?" I ask

"Yeah that'd be great" He says. We both walk out and head over to a nearby tree. I decided to climb the tree and sit on the branch. He laid his back against the tree.

"So Y'know since we both confessed... what are we?" I ask.

"I mean.. you could be my girlfriend" He says. I turn and look at him.

"Are you serious?!" I ask. He nods. I then hang upside down on the tree branch.

"Cool" I say. He walks over to me as I hop down from the tree. He then grabs me by the waist and kisses me. I kiss back and put my arms around his shoulders. We continued to kiss until we needed air, we pulled apart and looked at eachother. I then point to a shooting star. He looks up as he puts an arm around my waist. I lay my head on his chest/shoulder/head.

~Next Day~

We were leaving through Trost District when we saw the main forces of the Scout Regiment, Commander Erwin Smith aka Eyebrows, Captain Levi aka Short-stack, and Section Commander Hange aka Four Eyes. We then saw Hannes. I ran over and hugged him

"Hannes!" I yell.

"Y/n! How have you been?" He asks.

"Pretty good. So what's new with you?" I ask.

"I got promoted to captain. I'm proud of you three for graduating.... and I'm sorry... I couldn't save your mother." He says. I look down at my shoes.

~Time Skip~

We're all maintaining the cannons on the walls.

"Y'know Eren... after I heard your speech last night... I think I might join the Scout Regiment" Connie says.

"I feel the same" Thomas says.

"Guys guess what?" Sasha asks as she pulls out some meat. We all look at her in shock as she says she'll share it with us. She then hides it.

"Guys we got this!" Eren says. Everyone is in high spirits when suddenly lightning hits the ground outside of Wall Maria and the Colossal Titan appears. It breaks the gate to Wall Maria and intense heat coming from it threw me off the wall. I quickly latched myself onto the wall.

"Guys! Get ready to fight!" Eren says to us all
(1136 Words)