Chapter 23: Meeting

Y/n's POV

Jean slams Niccolo against the wall

"What do you mean Zeke's spinal fluid is in the wine?!" Jean asks angrily

"I don't have any proof but the amount of wine shipped by the survey ships was more than what a short term surveying voyage would require. Yelena ordered me to serve the wine to members of the Corps, starting with high ranking officers. To my knowledge she's working alone" Niccolo says

"I was oblivious to this Captain" Onyankopon says.

"Eldians freeze up the moment they consume Zeke's spinal fluid. That's what happened in Ragako" Connie says

"Zeke told us that and due to no one else being present, there is no way to confirm that claim. If we were to believe that such a telltale sign of being dosed with Zeke's spinal fluid exists, no one would suspect being poisoned by it unless the sign came about" Hange says

"Yes I know there is no proof, but it's common knowledge to any Marleyan soldier in what manner Zeke's spinal fluid had been used for in the past. About 10 years ago, Marley took down an enemy nation's capital after administering Zeke's spinal fluid into them. All it took was one scream from Zeke for the Eldians to turn into titans and utterly destroy the place" Niccolo says.

"Why did you stop us from drinking the wine?" I ask

"I'm not sure why I did that. The original plan was to survey the island of devils and save the world. I'm sorry for trying to kill Gabi!" Niccolo says.

"Will Ben be alright?" Mr. Blouse asks

"We will act assuming that what Niccolo told us is right. Everyone remove your jackets and do not touch your faces or mouths. Y/n, and Onyankopon go inform Mikasa and Armin about this" Hange says.

"Marco, Zoe. Go to Jean" I say. They both run to Jean and hug his legs. I give him a quick smile and head over to Mikasa and Armin with Onyankopon. Before I could enter we're both held at gunpoint.

"HANGE!" I yell. I see Eren and he lifts  his hand for me to see. My eyes widen.

"Come on Y/n. We have a meeting to get to" He says. One of the Jaegerists push me and Eren opens the doors. He forces me to sit down in between Mikasa and Armin. I look around nervously. Eren once again lifts his hand up to show Armin and Mikasa that he's bleeding.

"I want to talk in a quiet setting, so we can solve Eldia's problems without any conflict.. but I'm going to need you to have your hands on the table at all times" Eren says

"Screw you Eren" I say angrily as we all put our hand's down on the table.

"Were Zeke and Yelena the reason behind you launching an attack on Marley all by yourself?" Armin asks

"I'm free and I did it out of my own free will" Eren says.

"Well I sure didn't" I say

"You're being controlled. Remember when you saved me from the kidnappers who killed my parents?" Mikasa asks. Eren ignores her.

"I learned a lot from Zeke while I was in Marley. Armin, are you still visiting Annie? If memories play a role in forming who a person is, that means that Bertholdt's memories have become apart of you. You're soft and useless now. Before you used your judgment to lead us to the right answer" Eren says.

"Look at you, you're doing all of this because of mom. Grow up Eren!" I say

"Look at you, mother of a traitor's baby. You know before you got pregnant. You were the strongest out of all of us. You were basically invincible. Now look at you" Eren says

"Eren that's-" Mikasa begins

"While I was in Marley, I also learned about the Ackermans. The Eldian empire's experiments with the subjects of Ymir, a byproduct was made. The Ackerman clan, came into existence who were capable of partly manifesting the strength of a titan, in human form. You were designed to protect Eldia's king, an Ackerman awakens their instincts one they recognize an individual as their host. When I ordered you to fight in the cabin, all necessary conditions were fulfilled and your instincts were awakened. This heightened your physical abilities, which was fueled by the experiences of the past Ackermans, all because you accepted me as your host. Ackermans find themselves fighting their true self at times, which can manifest severe headaches" Eren says. I look at Mikasa and she has a look of shock on her face.

"Eren stop!" Armin says. Eren ignores him.

"I only hate two things in this world-" Eren begins

"SHUT UP!" I yell.

"Anyone not content with truly being free and obedient cattle. You Mikasa are both. I've hated you since I was a kid" Eren says. Mikasa begins to cry. I go to attack Eren but I'm slammed against the table by Mikasa. Mikasa and Armin are horrified by her action.

"It's due to your lineage" Eren says. Armin punches Eren in the face but Eren sends Armin flying into a shelf. Before Eren can beat Eren, I tackle him and pull my gun out.

"You traitor" I say as I point it at him.

"You can't shoot me. Look you're trembling. You're weak. Useless. Stupid. You could've been so much more, but you let your priorities get mixed up" He says. I then notice my hands are shaking.

"I'm not useless, I'm not weak" I say trying not to cry.

"Yes you are. All you care about is yourself Y/n. You're pathetic" He says. Tears roll down my face and I cock the gun. Just before I shoot, I'm tackled and the bullet misses.

"Thank you" Eren says as he gets up. I attempt to move but 2 Jaegerists are on me.

"I'LL KILL YOU! YOU DEVIL!" I scream.

"Grab them. We're all going to Shiganshina" Eren says. The two Jaegerist lift me from the ground and tie my hands up. They make me follow Eren. Armin and Mikasa are being transported the same. I quickly pull out the pocket knife I hid in the back of my pants and cut the rope. I quickly stab the two Jaegerists, making sure not to hit any vital spots. I then run to stab Eren but I'm tackled again.

"What did I say? You're useless" Eren says
(1083 Words)