ii. where's will

"𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝑫𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒘𝒂𝒅."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Halley stood in front of a cracked mirror and looked over her reflection. There was a small scratch on her cheek from where her dog had pawed her for attention the other day. It wasn't deep, and she didn't blame Chester, who was only hyper because he had been cooped up in the house for the day.

Turning away from the mirror, she grabbed an old flannel stolen from Jonathan, and shrugged it over her short grey t-shirt and jeans as she walked out to the kitchen.

Jonathan stood over a pan, scrambling some of the eggs Halley had gotten last night.

"Morning," Halley said, stifling a yawn as she pushed herself onto the counter and leaned her head on an overhead cabinet. Jonathan handed her five broken egg shells, and she tossed them into the garbage beside her. "Alright, you won't believe what kind of shit happened to me last night," she said once she turned back to him.

Jonathan looked up in anticipation, "Finally give in and agree to a date with Carl?" He only laughed at the disgust that washed over Halley's face.

"Gross," she muttered, shaking her head, "But I ran into one of my most favorite people at the store, try to guess who it was. I bet you can't."

"Halley, you hate pretty much everyone," Jonathan deadpanned, barely looking up at her as he spoke. She grinned.

"My point exactly, Jon. Which is why it was such a pleasure running into The King Steve Harrington. God, I was ready to die right then and there," She said, her finger twirling around a baby hair falling near her ear.

Jonathan was about to respond, no doubt to ask if Steve had been seen with Nancy Wheeler, the girl he swore he didn't have a crush on, when Joyce turned the corner. An anxious look held on her face as she mumbled to herself. "Where the hell are they?" She pauses, looking to the older teens, "Jonathan, Halley?"

"Check the couch," Jonathan said, his head nodding in the direction of a worn sofa.

Joyce sighed, "I did!" still, she walked over and rummaged through cushions until, "Oh. Got them." She pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to calm her nerves, "Okay, I'll see you guys tonight."

"Yeah, see you later," Jonathan said, facing her as she pressed her lips to Jonathan's forehead then Halley's, turning around and leaning down, before she realized her third child wasn't at the table.

"Where's Will?" She asked, turning back to the two. Halley shrugged.

"Oh, I haven't gotten him up yet," Jonathan replied, turning off the flames to the stove, "He's probably still asleep." Joyce gave him an exasperated look.