II : ELEVEN

Jana didn't think she would ever sleep again after the sight of thousands and thousands of spiders chasing after her, her Mandalorian, and their passenger; the Frog Lady. So, when a dull alarm wakes her from her slumber, the brunette struggles to remember even shutting her eyes. Realizing the Child had crawled from Din's lap to hers, Jana's arms go around him to keep him in place. When he wakes up, the kid adorably reaches up to rub its eyes, ridding them of the tiredness that lingers.

"Looks like we made it," Din announces, "Get ready for landing."

Jana blinks the tiredness from her eyes, "You don't sound very optimistic," She grumbles, just as Din slaps the dash board and lets out a, "Dank ferrik!"

"The landing array isn't responding. Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry."

Jana nods, understanding, "You can do that, right?"

"Let's hope so," Din responds, doing little for Jana's growing weariness of the situation, "It might get a little choppy. Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be just enough fuel to slow us down," Then, he pauses, lowering his voice, "If we don't burn to a crisp."

Jana swallows her nerves, not saying anything. She doesn't want to distract Din as he gingerly sets his hands onto the controls. Then, the bottom of the ship bucks forward slightly, and they're on their way down to the planet's surface.

Almost immediately the air in the cockpit grows hot as gravity takes effect, helping their plunge towards the earth beneath them.

When an alarm starts going off, Din grunts before calling over his shoulder, "Jana, come up here! I need your hands!" Hurrying, Jana sets the Child on the seat before she rushes forward, Din nods to a lever as soon as she's beside him, "This lever needs to stay back. Can you do that?"

Jana grabs onto it with both hands, leaning her weight backwards as the sound of metal flaps hitting each other starts to echo through the air, "I got it."

"Keep it steady, Cyare," Din instructs, his voice hard and even, "Here we go."

Jana keeps her grip on it tight, and when it wants to move forward, she leans back even harder, gritting her teeth when she hears the Frog Lady behind her croaking in fear, probably clutching her tank of eggs.

Starting to sweat from the heat, Jana flinches slightly as a voice comes through the comms; they're close to the landing pad, they have to be, "Razor Crest, this is Trask Flight Control. Please reduce your speed to port protocol."

"I'm trying my best here!" Din hisses back, "Engage reverse thrusters. Brace!"

Jana grunts as Din pulls a lever, the ship groaning and jolting slightly, but the brunette's grip on the lever she's clutching doesn't waiver.

"Hold on," Din warns.

"Razor Crest, do you copy? You have to reduce speed."

"We're working on it!" Jana shouts, already losing patience with the woman at the other end of the comms.

"Almost there," Din mumbles, as they drop closer to the port, "Almost there."

"Razor Crest, do you copy? Razor Crest, you're coming in too fast, you have to-"

Then, the computer lets out a low tone, the screen of it flashing green, Din immediately reaches forward, hitting the landing gear. Jana lets out a breath of relief as their speed drops significantly so they're hovering over the landing platform, "Here we go," Din breathes out, "Nice and easy."