Chapter 8

I eventually dragged myself out of the bath after my fingers had pruned and the water had gone cold. I had collected all of my clothes off the floor, stumbled my way down to my bedroom and chucked myself into the cotton sheets.

It felt like the second I did I fell asleep, clearly I was more tired than I originally thought I was.

***

The shrewd sound of my alarm clock jolted me up from my slumber.

7:00, Son of a bitch, its a fucking Sunday why the fuck do I have to get up so early. I closed my eyes again, there is no way in all the seven hells that I am not going to have a lie in. 

That was, obviously, until I felt a prod on my cheek and all of a sudden I'm stood up on my bed yielding a lamp as a weapon and pointing it at the intruder.

Enji (still crouched) looked up at me puzzled. He straightened up and cleared his throat.

"What are you doing here?!" I squeaked out eventually.

Enji bought his hand up to mine and carefully lowered the lamp that was at the same level as his face. He looked up at me with a face that said 'I'm worried for you're mental wellbeing.'

I slowly sat down and put the lamp back onto m nightstand. 

"You stopped training-" I sent him a warning look. "So, I bought you this, and I thought we could start doing it together again." He looked away as he passed me a card, a gym membership.

"If you think I'm fat just say it. And the entrance exam was like two weeks ago of course I have been how would you know?"

Enji looked back down to me, "Well whenever the author attempts to write they end up switching their style every chapter and do time skips when they aren't needed and having months between updates so it makes it look like its longer so she can just arrange the plot better." 

I sighed, that was a good explanation, It's almost like they just made him say that as an explanation so maybe it will get her some if their dignity back.

"Finnneee, but I thought we where watching a movie today?" I pondered.

"You have to earn it."

My head shot up and I made eye contact with him. 

"Pervert."

"What?! Not like that, unless you want to." I hit his arm. "Ow ow ok sorry."

"Ok can you get out of my room? I need to get changed." 

Enji scoffed. "I've seen you naked before."

"That was when we where kids and I was taking a tub bath."

"Those where the good old days." He sighed and looked up blissfully.

"Why because I was naked?"

"No, we where all happy, mom and dad would be home and not working all the time, your parents would come over and hang out with mine.  Me, you and Jacob would just play stupid games in my back garden. We didn't have to worry about anything." 

I hung my head for a second before looking back at him. "Ok? Can you get out of my room now?"

"I thought we where having a moment. Anyway hurry up we'll be late." Enji groaned.

"It's seven in the morning."

Enji sent me a look and then finally left my room and I was left to put on some clothes. Ok something you can work out in but something still suitable for the cinema. Tank top? yep, sweats? sure.