Enji the Heretic- Chapter 11

My stomach grumbled, i sat back into my couch thinking of what to eat. The weekend had come and was soon going to leave, i had gone out with Oboro to a cafe earlier in the day and now i'm sat around doing nothing, i couldn't decide what to do.

I sighed, sitting back, Enji was still mad at me, its been a while since he blanked me for this long, the last time being when we were 7 and i accidentally kicked him in the balls, he ignored me for two whole months after that. The setting sun shone in through my windows, giving my little apartment an orange glow. It felt peaceful.

The street bellow was quiet, people already home with their loved ones, not needing to go out as everything they needed was already with them, the thought of it almost made me jealous. Almost.

A knock on my apartment door interrupted the stillness, I stood up, stretching my back out. I opened the door, and i wasn't really surprised to find Enji at my door, i took a step back, signalling that he could come inside. He settled himself in his usual spot, resting against my kitchen counter. His presence was comforting, I had forgotten just how it felt to be around him, even when we where just silent. Taking a guess I would say that he was angry, he was always angry obviously, but this time angrier. He was apparently angry enough to stand in silence for a good two minutes as I attempted to talk to him.

'would you like a drink?' or 'you can sit down you know' and even 'i have some of that cereal you like up in the cupboard if you'd like some' were all met with a dead stare and silence. Eventually I gave up on trying to talk to him and sat there matching his energy, waiting for him to speak. It had taken another 10 minutes for Enji to even breath, and I was tempted to just go into my room and leave him stood there as I went to bed.

I didn't, obviously, I was just very tempted to, but he looked like he was going to yell and i didn't fancy being dragged out of my bed via my hair whilst being shouted at. He -finally- did something, he walked over to where I was and sat next to me, I obviously stood up trying to not be literally stabbed in the back, and he sighed.

"You got a new plant shelf" Enji said pointing to my new plant shelf. I nodded and it became really awkward again, it was until he started to chuckle and I looked at him with my best 'wtf are you laughing at ' face.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry you where doing you're awkward white person face." I didn't say anything back, instead I chose to just stare at him expressionlessly until he decided to attempt to talk again.

"You and blue hair then huh?"

I finally decided to attempt to speak.

"So you and-" I paused "ohhh sorry you haven't made any friends." He glared at me. "Anyway what do you mean me and Oboro?"

Enji nodded, his eyes still burning into me.

"Nope." I answered, he raised his eyebrow and I shrugged.

"You wanna order a pizza?" He gave me a deadpan stare, urging me to go on. I don't know what answer he expected, did he want me to turn around and go 'oh yeah we are totally fucking'.

"I don't know what you want from me Enji? I don't know if you want me to talk to you or not, I can't go and make friends without you coming round and interrogating me, what do you expect me to do? I can't do something that i think is morally correct and save someones life, we both know they wouldn't have survived if i hadn't gotten involved, I don't know why it's so stressful for you to realise that I don't think of you in everything I do." I took a breath in and stared and Enji, whose eyes were practically coming out of his skull from my comments.

"I didn't come here to argue." I scoffed

"Then there wasn't much point in you coming here then was there?"