Chapter 5

The scene in front of me was horrific, bricks and shattered glass lay spread across the tarmac. Everyone around me ran straight into the arena and within seconds I was alone at the entrance. I took a shaky step forward.

This is deadass terrifying, we couldn't have had something easier? Was this really UA's only option?

I hummed in agreement with myself, I had made it about 20 paces forward and I still didn't have a clue where I was going. The fallen structures around me looked melancholic, the skeletons of the frames left from the buildings stood tall but fragilely swayed in the breeze.  

I walked around for a bit, I felt like I was being watched. Suddenly I head a choked mangled cry from somewhere under the nearest pile of rubble, I ran to it and dug through it, the skin on my hands ripping as I did.

???? pov

I watched, my eyes hooked to the screen as the h/c girl fished a lavender stone out of the rubble. She was definitely interesting, within the first minute she was the only one who was not running around like a headless chicken in the fight for acceptance. 

Everyone around me hand their eyes on the one person that they found promising, and it had seemed that I was not the only one who's attention was caught by her.

I snapped back, a robot had approached her from behind, it raised its arms ready to attack her. However before it could lay a silver finger on her the tarmac from bellow it started to seep up and in a way, built itself around the humanoid, trapping it in a prison cell like cube. 

Her e/c eyes lit up in determination, she ran off into another direction and across to another screen where she fought yet another robot, however this time using hand to hand techniques. 

She definitely had talent. This will be the first person that UA will take in with more than two quirks, and more than two powerful quirks at that, she will definitely make history.

TIME SKIP bc I can't stick to a writing style

It had been between 3-5 minutes and in that time I had managed to collect 7 3pointers, 10 2pointers and 9 1pointers making my total score 50 points. Its surprising though, its not as hard as I originally thought it would be.  

As I was walking I noticed two people in front arguing over a yellow rock baby, it seemed to be escalating and neither of them had noticed the robot sneaking up behind them. I rolled my eyes and scoffed, I knew it was going to take a lot of energy, but I also knew that they would be hurt from their ignorance if I didn't intervene. 

I shut my eyes, took a sharp breath in and concentrated. Within a second I felt weaker, but I carried on regardless. The robot fell to the ground, out of energy and power, the two people (both female, one with navy blue long hair, and the other with a short brown pixie cut. The both of them had good figures, and both of which looked incredibly capable and durable when it came to fighting,) looked surprised at the bang of the metal meeting the concrete.  

I smiled at the both of them before turning around and walking away. I shouldn't of done it, my head felt incredibly light and I was about to faint. 

As if my prayers had been answered, a large horn sounded with a voice ringing out over it;

"30 seconds remaining." 

I smiled to myself and crouched down, resting myself on the left over pavement. My mind started to wander to the two boys who I had travelled here with. If they don't get in I'm leaving, i don't care how amazing UA is, I'm not going to carry on my school life if my two best friends aren't there.

"5..,4..,3..,2..,1.., The exam is now over, everyone is now to make their way to the exit."

Standing back up, I dusted myself off and started to walk back to the gate. I noticed a few people walking near me with faces that looked as if they had just been diagnosed with an incurable disease. It was out of our hands now, but even still I felt a pang of guilt in my gut, looking at my basket compared to others.

 A tall woman with slick black hair stood at the gate with a wide smile, she led us back to the hall that we where in at the start. We where spread out and given 4 different tests, 1 for maths, 1 for English, a history paper and an introduction to hero paper that was less of a test and more of an explanation guide to what we would be learning if we where to be accepted as well as a form we had to complete about ourselves in it. We where given 4 hours to complete all the papers.

I found it all quite easy as I was doing it, everything within the paper school and Enji had helped me get. Time went quickly and soon enough we were being let back out, we where told that the results would come in about 8-9 business days. So now the only thing that was left was to wait.

A large blast of air hit my face as I left the exam hall, I sighed a sigh of relief and went to stand at a lamp-post to wait for my friends. Enji eventually came out with Toshi following his tail, but when he saw me Toshi broke off from Enji and ran towards me, giving me a hug when he got to me. 

"How do you think you did? I bet you've done amazing you always do amazing." Toshi gushed whilst his cheeks went a light pink. 

I giggled, "I think I did ok, there wasn't really much that I couldn't handle. What about you?"

Toshi blushed more before going on, " I don't think I did the best I'm only just starting to get used to this qu- amount of- amount of training yeah." I furrowed my eyebrows,

"Are you doing ok Toshi? You don't tend to stumble up you're words." He scratched his neck ad looked at the ground, but before he could answer Enji had arrived next to me and was sending Toshi a death glare.

"Are we ready to go?" Enji said in his usual monotone voice. Toshi coughed before his eyes lit up.

"Hey guys why don't we have a sleep over?!"