Dress Shopping

"You know, you better be thanking Merlin that it's a Saturday right now," Sirius said loudly, causing both women to groan.

"Oh shut up you dog," Dora mumbled from the couch.

"Listen here little cousin, I will not hesitate to jinx you for insulting me in my own home!"

"It's not an insult if it's true. You're literally a dog," Dora grumbled. Athena lifted her face off of the bed, sending Sirius a confused look.

"Literally a dog? How in Merlin's name are you literally a dog?" Sirius flashed a grin before transforming, a large black dog now standing in front of her. Athena groaned, slamming her head back into the pillow. "Excellent. You better not bring any fleas into this house." Sirius transfigured back, now looking incredibly offended.

"I'll tell you, young lady. I haven't had fleas in, at least seven years."

"Dora, get up. It's time to go dress shopping. We have a black wedding dress to purchase." As she sat up, Sirius handed Athena a small vial.

"Hangover cure, love. You look like you feel like shit." Athena looked at it, trying to decide if it was poison or not. "I know I'm not the potions master, but I assure you that it's brewed correctly. I've got one for Dora as well." Shrugging, Athena downed it as quickly as she had shots the night before. She shuddered slightly, the potion tasted absolutely horrid, but she instantly felt better. Finally, she crawled out of bed, walking to Sirius and giving him a light kiss. He grinned at the taste of alcohol still on her mouth, pulling her in for a deeper moment before she could walk away.

"Well that's disgusting," Dora grinned as she pushed past the lovers to enter the bathroom.

"Like I ever need to see you snogging Remus either," Athena shouted into the bathroom.

"We'd never snog where we could get caught, unlike you two."

"Well don't you see, dear cousin, getting caught is half the fun!" Athena groaned and slapped her forehead. Of course Sirius would enjoy the idea of getting caught. Both young women got ready for a day looking at pretty dresses, although only one was actually looking forward to it.

The shops were mostly empty, which surprised Athena seeing as it was a Saturday. The two women entered and immediately dashed through the aisles, pulling a few that they both enjoyed. Athena knew that she wanted something incredibly simple, but she also knew that Dora would not let her leave until she'd tried on several styles. Once they'd found a small stack of dresses, Dora had shoved Athena into one of the large dressing rooms and ordered her to try them all on.

"I don't think so, Dora. I think it's just too much for me." Dora groaned.

"Look, I'm trying to live vicariously through you! I didn't get a big fancy wedding dress, or a big fancy wedding either. This is the fifth one you've tried! None of them have stood out?" Athena shook her head, also disappointed.

"The wedding is going to be mostly Order members anyway. It's not like we know that many people anymore. I'll just move to the next one." Both women's irritation showed through the flash of red that their hair turned, which in turn made them both giggle fiercely.

"Just go put the next one on. I'm missing Teddy something fierce." Athena laughed as she stepped into the dressing room and out of the dress she was currently wearing.

"How could you not? He's just the most precious little metamorphagus to ever exist! Has his hair settled yet," Athena questioned as she slipped into the next dress, a slim cut, almost backless black dress with long lace sleeves. She instantly grinned, feeling the prettiest yet.

"If by settled you mean, has it stopped changing every few minutes, then yes. It has, on a bright turquoise shade Remus abso- Merlin's beard Athena." Athena stood in front of her best friend, grinning like a fool.

"It's gorgeous isn't it?"

"Bloody hell! Tell me how you managed to find you in a dress? It's simple, yet still elegant!"

"Do you think Sirius will like it?" Both young women heard a new chuckle from off to the side.

"I'm not sure who Sirius is, but if he doesn't like this dress then he must be insane," an attendant said smiling.

"Oh thank you," Athena gushed, her cheeks flushing.

"Do you mind if I mess with it a little?" Athena nodded. The woman approached her and began to adjust the dress in various ways, pinning it where it should be tighter and shortening it just a little.

"When's the wedding, love?"

"Next week, if we can have the dress ready in time?" The woman smiled sadly.

"I see. You were affected by the marriage law then?"

"I'd say, unfortunately, but I'm currently quite excited," Athena said, smiling at the woman.

"Excuse her, she's just recently learned that she enjoys the company of her future husband," Dora muttered sarcastically.

"Well, excuse me! It's just the fact that this is the first thing that the ministry has actually managed to get right during my lifetime! It's quite exciting!" All three women laughed.

"Well my dear, I do believe I could have this done in the next hour, if you don't mind waiting? There's a lovely little bakery that has some of the best scones right next door!"

"You don't have to tell us twice!"