Rumors

Athena awoke feeling incredibly warm. Sirius laid on his stomach, one arm thrown haphazardly across her upper body, as if he didn't want to risk not touching her, even in his sleep. The warmth from the sun reminded her that it was, in fact, morning and most likely, time to actually remove themselves from bed. The problem at hand, however, seemed to be getting Sirius to actually let her out of the bed. Every time she tried to roll out from his arm, he'd tighten his grip just enough so that she couldn't escape.

"Sirius, love, you have to let me up." He groaned and shook his head, shaggy hair shaking everywhere with each movement. "Well, it's either you let me up, or I piss the bed. You can make that decision." His arm quickly released her, making her giggle as she ran towards the restroom to relieve herself. Her body felt wonderfully sore, the kind of sore that only came post-orgasm. Athena shivered slightly, remembering the events from the previous evening, and not just the sexual ones. She was married, officially. And even though she'd had a wonderful and beautiful day, she couldn't help but feel a slight sadness at her parents willingness to abandon her over something that she couldn't control. Rejecting the marriage would have put her magic at risk, and after twenty-seven years of using magic, she wasn't sure she could part with it.

"You coming back to me baby?" Athena shook her head, suddenly realizing that she'd gotten lost in her own thoughts. After finishing, she crawled back into bed with her new husband, snuggling close as he wrapped both arms around her. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

"Sorry, I was just thinking of my parents. As much as we don't get along, I'd never imagine them not being present for my wedding." Sirius nodded in understand.

"I'm sorry, love. I know how it feels to have shitty parents." Athena rolled over to her belly and propped her head on her hands.

"You've mentioned a bit of it." Sirius gulped, nerves attempting to show through.

"Even after twenty years it's quite hard to deal with. My parents weren't ever the nicest of people and it only got worse after I left for Hogwarts and was sorted."

"Into Gryffindor. The Blacks are all Slytherins right?" He nodded, lips pursing.

"We'd gotten into a massive argument the day that I left. It was Christmas break and I had done something to make myself even more of the family disappointment. It was the first time they ever did anything in front my little brother, Regulus. He knew, of course, smart little bugger he was, but he'd never witnessed any of it."

"What did they do, Sirius?" Her tone had lost all of its curiosity. He only needed to confirm.

"My father was spot on with the Cruciatus curse." Athena winced, knowing the pain first hand. She reached around her husband's thin body and pulled him close to her. No person was ever deserving of an Unforgiveable, especially if they're only crime was standing out. "As soon as I awoke, I grabbed my trunk and got out. Showed up on the Potter's doorstep covered in blood and shaking from head to toe. Euphemia was devastated that I never spoke up sooner."

"You didn't know any better," Athena said, now playing with his hands that had been sitting on his stomach as he spoke. "You're first view of love was the Potter house wasn't it? Mine was your cousin, Andromeda's. Seems most pureblood parents are the same, just passing on the generational trauma." Sirius scoffed.

"Not us. It stops here." Athena smiled softly, remembering the idea that they were supposed to be making a child.

"You're right. It does stop here." The two stayed in bed for a little while longer, enjoying each other's singular company. Athena knew they'd have to face the school at some point, but kept attempting to put it off. Although Sirius was having no part.

"Come on love! We have to get to breakfast!" Sirius stood at the end of the bed, already dressed in his robes for breakfast.

"I'd rather starve," Athena shouted from under the blankets.

"You're being quite dramatic! What in Merlin's name are you so terrified of?"

"Everyone is going to know! Clearly, our end of the bargain was completely filled last night!"

"And I'd like for it to be filled again, but I'm afraid I can't do that without food! Out of bed, I said!" Sirius ripped the blanket off of Athena, causing her to curl into bed in an attempt to shield her body from the now slightly cooler air.

"I don't want to go," She pouted, hitting her bottom lip out. Sirius leaned in and kissed her gently before biting down gently on her exposed bottom lip.

"Let's get going, I'd hate to miss out on the breakfast potatoes. They're my favorite." Athena pouted again, only this time it was because he pulled away. She stood up, stomping into the closet so she could slip into a set of robes for the meal.

When the door to the Great Hall swung open and the couple entered, walking hand in hand towards the teacher table, most eyes turned towards them. The rumor that their wedding was the day before was flying rapidly through the castle. Athena blushed as she heard a few random whoops and hollers from boys, the embarrassment causing her hair to flash into a light pink. Sirius gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

"One step at a time," He muttered. One step at a time.