The Wedding

A/N: There will be mature content later in the chapter! But here it is, what we've all been waiting for! Enjoy!

The grounds were still looking extraordinarily green for it being the end of September. The Black Lake looked as dark as ever, but it seemed almost highlighted by the dark wood archway covered in black and white flowers that the ministry officiant stood under with Sirius standing slightly to the side with his Godson and Remus beside him. Dora stood on the other side, holding little Teddy's hand. Athena couldn't help but smile as Minerva guided her towards her future family. The crowd was small, mostly only fellow teachers and Order members, many of the them Athena hadn't seen since the Battle of Hogwarts. She smiled at all of them as she passed them until they finally reached Sirius. Minerva gave her one final hug before handing her hands off to her future husband.

"You look absolutely beautiful, love." Athena blushed wildly.

"As do you." The officiant coughed subtly before beginning.

"Welcome all, to this gathering to celebrate the union of one Sirius Orion Black and Athena Corinne Bailey. Now, from what I understand, the couple has provided their own vows. Sirius, if you'd like to begin." Sirius coughed, clearing his throat before he grabbed both of Athena's hands

"Athena, I can't tell you that this is the day I've been waiting for for my entire life. I never imagined, through all of my hardships, that I'd be standing in front of family and friends vowing to be someone's husband for the rest of our lives. But that is exactly what I'm doing. Athena, I may not know how to be the perfect husband, but I will promise to try my hardest. I promise to always be there for you and to support you, to hold you when you cry and make you laugh when you're not quite ready to laugh. I will stand by your side through it all." Athena wiped a solitary tear from her face, and then rejoined their hands.

"Athena, your turn." Dora tapped her on the shoulder and handed her the small piece of paper on which she had written her vows.

"Sirius, this may not have come naturally for us, but being with you feels as natural as it could be. I promise to always stand by your side, to help you hold your head up. I promise that I will always hold your hand when you need it and help take away any pain that you may have. I know that we won't always be perfect, but I also know that we'll always feel right." Sirius smiled, her vows were short and sweet, much like his own, but seemed to display her understanding of him; an understanding that she had gathered in a very short period of time.

"Do we have the rings?" Dora and Harry both passed forward the simple bands that Sirius and Athena had found. "Please place the ring upon your partners finger, as a symbol of your partnership." Athena gave Sirius's hand a soft squeeze as she placed his ring on his left finger. Sirius smiled softly, repeating the gesture as he slipped her ring onto her left hand.

"I now declare you, bonded for life. You may kiss your bride." Scores of silver stars shot out from the officiants wand over the couple as they pulled each other in for a soft and sweet kiss. The crowd clapped politely, almost as if they were all unsure of what reaction to have, this marriage was, after all, not one born from love. Athena felt Sirius grin into the kiss before pulling away. The newlyweds both smiled before heading back down the aisle for a moment of privacy before the small party they had set up.

Sirius pulled her behind a large tree and tucked her into his arms, kissing her hard on the mouth. Athena allowed herself to be sucked in for just a moment before pulling away.

"Hello Mister Black." Sirius grinned and pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Hello Missus Black. You look absolutely ravishing." She felt as if her entire body blushed.