Best Friends Forever

Once I get back to mystic falls and back to Kai's house I find him hunched over the toilet once more. "Where were you?" He questions weakly as he rests his head down on the cold tiles sighing in relief.

"Are you not feeling any better?" I ask crouching down beside him, "no, I feel worse." He groans making me sigh. "Where did you go?" He asks again as I wet a cloth and hold it to his head, "I went to try and find some answers for you." He smiles at me, "really?" I nod and help him up. "Can't let my best friend forever die now can I?" He laughs as he leans on me. "I picked the best friend anyone could have." He murmurs making me laugh, "you didn't pick me, we were coincidentally stuck together." 

"I don't think it was much of a coincidence, I think we belong together." He whispers making me smile.

"I called my sister but she hung up on me." He says as I help him sit, "well she's not your biggest fan," I say, "she was throwing up too, I think it's because of me and because of merging with Luke."

"Did you find out anything?" He asks me, "not for sure but we came to the same conclusion as you, that it's cause you merged Luke instead of Jo." I say, "stupid Jo." He mutters under his breath making me laugh. "Let's go visit her maybe she can help." I nod.

"Ok do you know where she is?" I knew that they didn't particularly like each other but if Kai died so did the whole coven and maybe so maybe she'd want to save herself, also I would do anything to get him the help he needed. "I think I heard her annoying boyfriend in the back." Well I had been to Alaric's apartment and knew where it was so let's hope that they're there.

"Hey." He says to Alaric who narrows his eyes and tries to shut the door in his face. "Wait, wait, wait, wait." Kai says stopping it from closing. "Look. I know you hate me, but I really... really need to see my sister." Kai pants. "I think she'll pass." Alaric says as he tries to shut the door once more although I put my hand on it and push it back. "He is asking you nicely, I will not." I say narrowing my eyes at Damon's best friend.

"What are you doing here?" Jo asks appearing a bit behind Alaric, stopping him from replying to me. She actually looks a bit ill as well. "I called to tell you I was sick, and you... you hung up on me." Kai moans leaning against the doorframe, "Because I have food poisoning. Did the sound of me vomiting on the other end of line not clue you in?" She asks him incredulously. "Look. There's an issue I've been worried about since the merge because we really didn't do it right. You know, the whole, "You're not my twin. Hey. That's okay. Close enough" plan? It worked, which is, you know, cool. Hey, I'm even a little bit nice now in case you were wondering." He says making Alaric give him an incredibly fake and sarcastic smile as if to say he could care less.

"But I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. And, well, I think it's dropped because I'm...Where's the bathroom?" He says as the blood begins to raise in his throat, he tries to hold it in until he starts to choke it out, "Oh, God! Ric!" Jo shouts in shock as Alaric moves something over so Kai can vomit in it. I crouch down beside him as he throws up a lot of blood.

"I don't think you have food poisoning." He says wiping his mouth as he goes to stand again. "I was supposed to merge my magic with you. But I got Luke's instead. Ohh. Now I'm defective, and I think that's why you're sick. I kind of feel like I'm dying, actually. And if I die, so do you, dad, Liv, and the rest of our dumb coven. So could you please fix me, like, now?" He says making Jo and Alaric look at each other shocked.

Jo had decided to take us to the hospital to checkup on Kai. "Any joint pain?" She asks, "Mm-hmm." He hums, "Headaches?" I watch as she uses the flash thing to check his eyes, "Yup." She takes a small step back and looks at him seriously, "Are you pregnant?" She asks making me snort, "is it mine?" I ask playing along as he looks over at me and shakes his head. "Stop making jokes." Kai huffs unamused, "I feel like I'm being scrunched from inside out.This is kinda private. Does your baby-boo need to be here?" He asks Alaric who is stood beside me with his arms crossed, "I'm not leaving her with you so deal with it." He says, "well I'm here so he wouldn't be alone with her." I say making him turn to me, "like I trust you anymore."'I shrug and lean back against the wall, "well you trust Damon so you're not really the greatest judge of character are you?"

"Okay. Your vitals are fine, your temperature is normal. I'll wait on pathology, but there is nothing medically wrong with you." Jo says thankfully changing the subject. "Yeah, duh, because I'm magically diseased." He shakes his head at her before realising something. "You haven't puked in at least..." Jo realises Kai is about to vomit, "Oh!" She exclaim as she rushes to get a trash can for Kai just as he starts to spit out blood.

As he is vomiting, he grabs Jo's arm and absorbs some of her magic. I see Jo groan in pain as she struggles to get free, I also notice the change in Alaric's expression, as he runs over and pulls Kai off her. "Hey, hey!" Alaric's yells as he pulls Jo behind him. "Oh. I feel better." Kai pants sounding a bit better, "Yeah because you juice-boxed my magic." Jo replies annoyed. "Yeah, sorry about that. That was an accident, but I... Wow! I legitimately feel better." He says before I see the wheels turning in his head. "You need to give me your magic." He concludes his thoughts. "What?" She asks confused. "This faux merge is clearly failing because I was supposed to get your magic, right?" He asks as he gets up toward Jo, but Alaric stands in front of him, "Just - I don't know - put it in a teddy bear or a bed pan and gimmie." He says as he reaches out his hand.

Alaric grabs Kai's hand, "Listen. I could just as easily break seven little bones with one good squeeze, okay?" He threatens but Kai is unbothered. "I can see you're skeptical, Ric. Can I call you Ric?" He asks pulling his hand out from Ric's and giving him a fist bump. "Hey, buddy, but here's the thing you need to know is that Jo only survives if I do, okay? And if that's not enough for you, the power that binds the prison worlds comes form the leader of the gemini coven. If I die, the worlds collapse, alright?" He says as Alaric sighs and rubs his hand over his face.

"I see vacancy. Would you like me to start over with single syllables?" Kai asks, making me laugh. "Did you say prison worlds, as in more than one?" Alaric asks confused. "Has no one ever mentioned that?" Kai asks, before they both leave to discuss the decision.

"Do we think your sister will give her magic?" I ask as I wander around the room and mess with various items scattered around. "If she doesn't she'll die, which isn't a problem with me but I'm guessing she wants to live with her uptight douche of a boyfriend. Besides she's been hiding from it all this time she can barely even use it. It's not like she needs it and it just makes more sense for me to have it." I nod before he beckons me over to him.

"Thanks for coming with me." He says making me shrug, "well we look out for each other right?" He smiles and nods "best friends forever." He says in a stupid tone making me laugh. "Best friends forever."

𝙄 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙛𝙛 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙪𝙥, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙝𝙖. 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 :)