Twenty Four

𝙄'𝙢 𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙠𝙚𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙝𝙖 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙮 :)

Jo finally came back without her baby boo, Kai lifts his head from my shoulder and grins, "Finally. I was about to use that bedpan for more practical reasons." He jokes although his sister didn't seem to be in the mood, but then again when was she or any of his siblings in the mood for him?

"Um I need to talk to my brother." She says looking at me basically hinting that she wanted me to leave I look between them and then slide off the hospital bed we'd been sat on until Kai grabs my hand and pulls me back. "Whatever you need to say to me you can say in front of Vi." He says surely as he looks to me, I nod reassuringly at him making him smile softly be he links our fingers.

She looks troubled by this but nods and raises her hand and decides to give us both magical head splitting headaches. "Talked to Dad. Guess who's not sick? Him. Liv. And I'm feeling pretty good right now too, which leads me to believe that I'm not gonna die any time soon, so what's your game? TELL ME!" She says before stopping her magic and trust me I had to fight the urge to kill her right there and then. But Kai needed her magic something I'm sure he needed her alive for.

"I don't have a game! GOD! As much as my suffering might bring you pleasure or whatever, this is not the way to handle this situation." He says sighing and trying to catch his breath probably overwhelmed from all the pain he was already in.

"Is this all just a ploy for you to get more magic?"

"It's a ploy for us all to stay alive, actually. However, I'm sorry if that seems selfish- "

"I don't believe you! Because you're a liar. And you are the worst kind of liar, because your lies sound so much like the truth, it is impossible for me to tell the difference." I bite on my lip as I look between them and see the pain on both of their faces.

"You're right. I am a liar, alright? I'm the black sheep. You know, the defective twin that nobody wanted. Must feel real nice for you to stand here - judging me. Surrounded by all the things that you got out of life while I spent 18 years in isolation as the family reject. And let me tell you: Every inch of me wants to kill you for that. EVERY PART! But I can't. Because the only way that I can survive is if you help me. And I'd like to live - frankly. Because I didn't get to do a whole lot of that before everyone decided that I wasn't worth it.." I knew that this wasn't the place for me to get involved so I silently reach over and join mine and Kai's hands again.

"I'll give it to you. But under one condition: You take it, get out of my life. I never want you anywhere near me - ever again."

"Fine!"

"I am not finished!"

"Shocker."

"If you break your promise - I'll kill you. I'll take myself and our entire coven down with you. Because I don't wanna live another minute afraid of my own brother. You got it?"

"Got it."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Hey!" I shout after Jo as she leaves the room and tells us we can meet her back at her place. "You're wrong about him." I say as she turns to face me. "What?"

"You're wrong about him. You don't even know him and all you do is judge him. I don't expect you to forgive him or anything but you don't know him and I will not let you treat him that way."

"You don't know him he tried to-"

"I do know him! I know him more than you do! He tried to kill you I know, and I know how it must've hurt and how scared you must've been but he's not that same person anymore, and like I said you don't have to forgive him but just stop, stop acting like he's the only monster in the world."

"You wouldn't understand." She says trying to shake me off, "I wouldn't understand? Jo you're not the only person who's gone through things, so your brother and your dad tried to kill you. Again why do we gloss over the piece of shit your father is? That's beside the point, both of my brothers have tried to kill me, numerous times. My father used to beat me and actually did kill me, he threw me down stone steps after I watched him murder my brothers. My older brother murdered a ton of my boyfriends and my younger goes off his head once he has blood, supernatural families are messed up. Your dad tried to kill you, he wanted to kill your younger sister so don't sit there on your high horse because your brother is messed up because you all treated him like shit, it's not all his fault that he is the way he is you're all responsible especially your father." 

"I'm thankful that you're giving him your magic but I'm sorry for you because you'll never know the Kai that I know, he's really great and you'll never know that because you it may have been inadvertently but you helped ruin his life and he really didn't deserve what he got."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Let's do this." Jo says once we're back at her apartment, after my blowup at her she'd been avoiding my eye not that I cared I said all I had to. "Ahh. Me, our coven, and the prison worlds thank you." I smile over at Kai from where I'd been leaning on the wall across from him.

"What exactly is this other prison world?" Alaric asks even turning to me, I shrug. "A place filled with crappy people like me, I'm sure." Kai says making me so glad that I hadn't ended up there but with Kai instead.

"Congrats. You're saving their miserable lives from Oblivion." He says pinching Jo's cheeks, "Oh, don't look so stressed." I chuckle as she shakes him off. "You never liked being a witch anyway."

"Shut up." She says as places her hands on Kai's cheeks, and begins chanting. "It's done."

"Ahh. Thank you. And congratulations." Kai says making Jo look confused, so Kai leans down to whisper in her ear. My eyebrows raise as I listen in and hear him tell her that she's pregnant.

"Have a good life, Sissie." He says as he turns and makes his way over to me, I grab his hand and wave over at the shocked mother to be, "congrats." I say winking at her and enjoying the confusion on Alaric's face.

"So what do you want to do now?" Kai asks as I swing our arms as we walk. "I don't know." I say before yawning. "You know I'd actually just like to go home and sleep." He nods before swinging an arm around me and pulling me closer. "That I can get behind, let's go home and sleep."