Ooh cupcakes yum

So today was Bonnie's birthday, I'm not gonna lie I had totally forgotten that Bonnie even existed and then became super guilty realising that she sacrificed herself to get Damon and I back to the land of the living.

Anyways we were throwing her a party for some reason, even though she would very clearly not be attending. I thought it was a bit strange but I just went with it, if it meant I'd get free cake and food I was in.

Turns out that the cake was not free and that I had to be the one to buy it, that was a shame but cake was cake so off I went. When I returned the house smelt heavenly, "ooh cupcakes yum." I grin reaching for one, Damon slaps my hand aggressively making me pout as I pull my hand away, "Damon-" he shakes his head, "nope, no." I open my mouth to protest but he just pushes me away, "oh hey." I smile noticing Kai sat with a cupcake in hand. "No." He smiles back following my gaze to the delicious treat in his hands, "Kai..." He sighs, "fine." I grin happily as he lifts it up to my mouth and lets me take a bite. "Thanks babe." He winks and wipes some frosting from my mouth before licking it off of his finger.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him after a second, "like I was just explaining I need their help, to give this letter so that she knows how sorry I am, I would've asked you but I don't think she likes you." I nod, "I don't think she does either." I shrug as Damon sighs, "OK, like I was saying, I think we're done here. Come on." He huffs, "Actually, what if there's something he can do for us in exchange?" Elena asks with a smile.

"Sad attempt at iron welding." Kai says after examining the ruined ascendant as he leaned on the pool table, "I tried to fix it." Elena murmurs as Kai drops a piece. "I can't bring Bonnie back with this." He sighs, "I thought you were the all-powerful leader of the Gemini coven now." She challenges probably hoping he'd bring Bonnie back to prove her wrong. "I destroyed this so that it couldn't be used again." He tells her making her look down all sad. "Well, can we use that hunk of junk to send a message at least? It is her birthday." Damon says making Kai look down slightly saddened, "It is?" He asks sadly, Kai with feelings was still weird to me, I'd gone so long without seeing anything other than anger and annoyance and now all of a sudden I saw sadness? I didn't like seeing him sad.

"Yeah. It's really sad. I mean, old Bon-bon-- she's gonna be getting all dressed up for a party no one's even gonna show up to. I mean, I wonder if she even knows that it is her birthday, or do all the days just blend into one vast sea of misery? I wonder." Damon says playing on Kai's newfound heartstrings perfectly, I could see the empathy in his eyes before as he soaked all of Damon's words in. "One of the crown wheels survived. That's a positive." He says examining the ascendant again before looking up with a smirk. "Plus I am megapowerful."

"What do you want to say?" He asks, "Well, I mean, if Bonnie needs magic to get out, we just need to tell her where to find some." I sit beside Kai as I watch him try and repair the ascendant and Damon and Elena try to figure out where Bonnie can get magic from, "Ok. So we know that Jo stored her magic in a hunting knife. Bonnie sent hers over with Miss Cuddles. What receptacle of magic am I not thinking of?" She asks pushing herself off of the wall, "Let me give you a hint: scorned lover." Well I mean if Damon already knew why would he just say so? "Katherine?" Elena asks. "Older." He says, "Silas." She suggests, "Hotter." Who the hell were they talking about? "I don't know. Silas was definitely hot." Elena smirks making Damon make a disgusted sound.

"What did Silas look like?" I ask curious now, "like Stefan." Damon tells me, "ew."' Elena ignores me and supplies another guess; "Qetsiyah." He winks at her, "Her blood is on Silas' headstone. It's filled with magic." Elena continues, "Yep! So in Bonnieland, that means that an island off Nova Scotia is a big magical battery waiting to be tapped. We just need to remind Bonnie of that." Damon says making Elena curious, "And what reminded you?" She asks, "I was gonna plan a trip there, change of scenery, you know. There's only so much you can take of Mystic Falls on repeat." He shrugs letting me know that he was hiding something.

"Oh, thank God. You two together is still totally revolting to me. Finally, a familiar feeling. Luke didn't take me over completely." Kai says relieved making me giggle, "What the hell's he doing here?" I turn my head to the door to see it was the little Gilbert. "Hi." Kai smiles at the boy who was glaring at him, "oh hey it's the cute Gilbert with the nice abs." I wink, Elena Damon and Kai's heads snap to me as Jeremy flushes slightly. "What, it's not my fault he has nice abs."

Elena shoots me a look and then pulls her brother away, "What was that about?" Damon and Kai ask at the same time, I shrug, "I just happened to see him in a towel once." I explain briefly smirking as Kai scowled at me, "yes?" I ask making him clench his jaw, "nothing." He huffs, "People don't just change like that." Jeremy announces stopping me from speaking again, "People usually don't merge with their siblings either." Damon shrugs.

"Uh, for the record, I would have been fine with any of Luke's qualities, you know, the hair, the whole gay thing-- you know, maybe not the height actually." Jeremy looks at us in disbelief, "You seriously buy this?" He asks making Elena sigh, "Look. I'm not saying that we have to like him, but if there's a way for us to tell Bonnie how she can get out--" he cuts her off; "We should trust a guy that changed personalities overnight?" He asks making me shrug, "Think of it like Elena in reverse." Kai offers as he pours himself a drink, "You know, she was human, pure, dating the good Salvatore. Then she became an undead blood vacuum, stopped caring about right and wrong, and started dating the bad one." I look to Elena, eyebrows raised, "classy." I murmur before taking a sip from Kai's glass. "That's not how it happened." She snips back irritated, "sure." I hum.

"Hmm. I'm sure I missed a detail or two, but I'm just paraphrasing what Damon told me in the prison world." Kai shrugs, "Speaking of, there's a witch over there we'd like to save, so why don't you get your Gemini jumper cables and fix that thing?" Damon says not pleased with how the conversation had gone off track. "OK."

I zoned them out as they discussed a plan I think? I'm not sure I wasn't paying attention. "Violet?" Damon asks me making me a bit confused I had totally missed whatever he had been saying, "what?" I ask him, "come on we're going." I shake my head, "yeah no I'm not going with you guys." I say hopping onto the couch.

They nod and get ready to go, they were all stood up as Kai chanted, I then watched them all suddenly fall to the ground. "Um are you guys good?" I ask standing from my seat as I walked over to them, when I don't receive a response I decided to kick Elena just to double check, after a kick that was maybe a bit too harsh I concluded that they were completely knocked out and dead to the world. I looked down at them for a second more before I shrugged and went to grab myself a cupcake, not like they could stop me.