Man child with jam on your fingers

"Vi-violet what are you doing here?" He asks in shock as he stares at me wide eyed as I give him a shrug, "mmm, hi big brother it's nice to see you too, I'm doing fine thanks for asking how is stefan? Or are the two of you still on the outs?" I ask shifting to rest my weight onto my other foot.

"Violet, we thought you were dead." He grins as he pulls me into a hug, "yeah yeah." I hum as I pat his back awkwardly, "well can we go or?" He looks at me a bit confused as he pulls away, "what's wrong with you?" He asks examining  me, "nothing." I shrug him off. "You flipped your switch?" He asks as I send him a sarcastic grin, "wow I didn't know that I was related to Sherlock Holmes." He rolls his eyes and moves away from me.

We haul Kai back to the Salvatore house, "man I haven't been here since the eighty's." I hum as I examine the place, I snort as I watch Damon tape Kai to a chair, "relax bro, that isn't necessary." I tell him but he continues to tie him, "you're friends with this pork rind munching freak?" Damon asks making me laugh, "yeah we're best friends forever, I even made us friendship bracelets." I smirk lifting my wrist to show the matching bracelets that Kai and I wore, "Violet." Damon says in an unamused tone, "alright you caught me I didn't make them, Kai took them from a shop." I shrug.

"Can you just tell us what's going on?" Bonnie asks irritated, "mmm I could." I say after pretending to think about it, "but I won't, not until Kai wakes up." I tell them as I settle down on the couch and close my eyes.

"You're awake. Good. Now for the Q&A portion of the evening." Damon says as Kai regains consciousness, I keep my eyes shut and pretend to still be sleeping, "Let me guess. I answer right, I get a pork rind. Wrong, I get a poker." Kai asks, "What? No, no, no. These are for me. You just get the poker." Damon says in typical Damon fashion. "Yeah. You don't have to do that." Kai assures Damon, "No?" I sit up, "no, we're on the same team." I tell them as Kai shoots me a look, "you took your time." He huffs and I shrug, "sorry babe, I was gonna let them poker you first, but then there was just too much talking." I tell him watching Damon's eyes narrow as he looks between us.

"Really? Do you always try and kill your teammates?" Bonnie asks steering the conversation back to where it was, "The important thing is that you have your magic back. It worked." Damon and Bonnie look at each other, "What, you... you didn't really think I'd kill Damon, did you? Heh heh. In what universe does that make sense? Who would kill 1/4 of our population? I'm not a monster. I knew Bonnie would show up. She always comes back, all 13 times, and I knew with the right motivation she'd be able to access her magic, although I -I did get a little worried with all your bickering that Damon's life wouldn't be enough motivation," Damon and Bonnie look unamused, "but turns out it was. I guess that's just how you two show your love." He finishes making Bonnie narrow her eyes at him, "So you did all that just to make sure I would have my magic?" She asks as Damon looks to me for clarification, I nod. "Of course I did. Because your magic is the key to getting the hell out of here." Damon and Bonnie look at each other, clearly affected by the revelation.

They refuse to let Kai go from his crappy restraints as he sends Bonnie on a hunt for some specific items so he could explain how we were gonna escape this hell hole. "Come on vi let me go." He says making me smile at him, "I would but then I remembered you kept me desiccated for four months so, enjoy." I wink at him as he rolls his eyes at me.

***

"And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office, and took a picture of myself at the window looking all JFK. But then, I was, like...wha - how am I going to get these photos developed -" I had been drowning this conversation out, having heard this story about a thousand times already, "Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?" Damon interrupts, "I got a question for you, first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10th, 1994?" Damon raises his eyebrows as if to say he didn't know but he did and I knew too. "Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever, and ever." Kai continues, "How the hell should I know?" He asks as he takes a sip of his bourbon. "Well, I heard you tell Bonnie this place was your own personal hell. I'm curious why." I smirk at both boys, "I know why." Damon shoots me a glare but before either of us can speak Bonnie walks into the room.