Our love is dead

"So you're Lilly's daughter?" I nod as they all stare at me and I'm unsure how to feel, "wait a second I remember you." I say turning to Valerie. "You're the girl-"

"Yes we met in mystic falls the same time you met Harry." She says quickly cutting me off her eyes wide and panicked. Ok then, she didn't want them to know that Stefan loved her I guess, or maybe that she broke his heart I don't know and quite frankly I didn't care.

"Right well anyways nice to meet you all-"

"Violet." I glare at Harry who'd interrupted me, "I don't want to talk to you." I snap calming down once Kai slips his hand into mine. "Just please leave me alone. You were plenty good at it before." He looks hurt by this but I didn't care. He left me, he promised we'd be together and I never even heard from him again. He had owed me a goodbye at least.

His companions look between us eyebrows raised, the only one who wasn't surprised by this was Valerie, it seems she was the only one who knew of our relationship.

"Uh we will see you guys later, give you some time to adjust being alive again. We'll be in my room if you need anything." I say pulling Kai along with me towards the door.

"Whew that was crazy." Kai says once I shut my room door behind us. "Hey Vi, are you ok?" He asks as he notices my silence, I shake myself from my thoughts and force a smile as I nod. "Fine."

"You're not fine. Do...you still have feelings for him?" I shake my head immediately, "no, no god no." I say quickly. "My feelings for him were gone ages ago I'm not Damon I don't pine for longer than ten years, it's just this whole trip in general was such a mess. All I wanted was my mom but I ended up falling out with my brother again because he went behind my back again. I found the first love of my life sucking the blood out of the current love of my life, my brother and my mom are gone they just left us here. I didn't even get to reconnect with her Kai, all I've ever wanted was to see her again and it was just so bad. I don't think she even loves me anymore which just doesn't make sense because how can a mother not love her children?"

All of my emotions suddenly hit me all at once, and I just can't hold all the pain in anymore. Kai frowns and wraps his arms around me. "And I can't believe Damon has done this again, why can he never just let me be happy?" Kai soothes me as I cry into his chest, "hey, you're gonna be happy. As the only person who's ever fought for me I'll do whatever I can to make sure of it." I smile up at Kai who wipes my tears.

"Thanks Kai."

"I know I'm new to this love thing but I think I'm doing something right because I got you smiling pretty quick." He says making me laugh, that then makes him smile. "You are."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

A few days later we were sat with the others except Valerie and Harry. Valerie was locked up in Stefans room apparently she'd been this way when they'd all been out here in the first place. "Why she's so obsessed with him I'll never understand, always clutching that bloody diary of his." Mary Louise remarked with a hint of distaste in her voice once I asked.

Mary Louise and I did not get on the best, she didn't seem to like me much but then again she didn't seem to like anyone much besides Nora. She definitely preferred Kai though, I think they all did he seemed to make them laugh a lot and he had begun making them food so I understood I guess. Also there was the fact that all of these vampires were siphons who'd been kicked out of the Gemini coven so they had that to bond over.

"Hey." I turn to face Kai who'd just whispered in my ear, "I think he really wants to talk to you." Whispering was fruitless anyways since I knew everyone could hear us. "Well then that's a shame for him," I shrug my eyes briefly flickering over Harry who was stood in the doorway watching me. He'd been doing that a lot over the past few days, just lingering and waiting for me to talk to him.