I always win

I walk into the hospital room as Damon explains the plan to his girlfriend, "hey Liz, how're you doing?" I ask catching her attention, she grins at me, "pretty good for someone who's supposed to be dying." My smile drops slightly, "well you still owe me a box set so you won't be dying today." I assure her making her smile, but I see how her eyes tear up. "Liz don't give up hope, not yet." I tell her seriously grabbing her hand to comfort her, she nods and squeezes my hand as she tries to blink the tears away.

Kai is washing his hands in the sink, "All right. I need a 12-gauge needle, stat. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I need it." I shake my head at the dork who was stood in front of me, "You're not a doctor, so stop playing games. Because I am a vampire and I will rip your head off if you screw this up." My eyebrows raise at the threat I didn't know that Elena had it in her. "What she said. So do your stupid little magic-suction trick and suck the magic out of her. Right now." Kai smiles at the vampire couple across from us, "I get what you two see in each other. It's very dys-fun-ctional. Ha! You see what I did, stressing the "fun" in dysfunctional?" He gets way too amused by himself and he wasn't even that funny.

"Just get on with it, Kai. Listening to you talk makes me wanna die." I laugh at Liz's words, she was a true icon. "That's good." Kai smiles amused before he puts one hand on Liz's arm, the other on her cheek, sucking the magic from her. I watch in worry as Liz groans in pain. "Is it working?" Damon asks us, "I have no idea." Elena replies as I just shrug. Jo comes in, sees Kai and stops in horror, "What the hell is going on? What is he doing here?" I forgot she thought he was sleeping at Alaric's, what a shock for her. "Hey, sis. Little busy. Be with you in a jiffy." Jo blinks wide eyed turning to Elena, "Elena?" Elena winces, "I'm gonna let Damon explain."

Damon and Jo leave the room to talk, whilst Elena glares at us, "I'm staying with you." She says to Kai before also glaring at me, "both of you." I roll my eyes at her, "relax Elena I could take you and do my nails at the same time." I tell her smiling sarcastically, I didn't know what her issue was, after I went to help them free her and everything.

Kai finishes sucking the magic and pulls his hands away, flexing them. "There. All done." He grins, "Sheriff, hey. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Liz smiles weakly, "Yeah. Yeah, I think so." Elena smiles and sighs when the monitors in the room start to beep. "Oh, my God. I think she's having a heart-attack." Elena says making my eyes widen, "Oh, that is so tragic. You know, 'cause you guys jumped through hoops to get the magic out of her system, but then her ticker's just not strong enough to take a little siphoning." I elbow him in stomach before I run from the room to grab someone who could actually help, I return with a doctor and compel him to save Liz's life.

I leave the room not being able to take all the sadness as Caroline runs in Stefan following. I slump down in some chairs in the hallway, drop my head into my hands and let my eyes close. I just wanted this day to be over.

"Come on," Damon says as he pulls me from the chair to follow him, "where are we going?" I ask him tired, "to find your boyfriend, he took Jo." I shrug and pull my arm away, "and what? You got the blondes to do the merge didn't you? Liv will die, Luke will become leader and there's nothing Kai can do about it." I say making Damon sigh, "just come with me Violet, why do you have to be so stubborn?" I roll my eyes, I just wanted to go home. "Even if the blondes merge who's to say Kai won't just murder Jo?" I shrug and follow him.

We get to the park to find Jo, she is holding Luke in her arms, crying, my eyebrows furrow, where was Liv? "Good. You're still alive. That's gonna save me a huge blowout with Ric when he gets back." I ignore Damon and turn to look for the other body but I find Kai laying unconscious on the ground instead, my eyes widen and I speed over to him. "I am definitely coming into something late." Damon hums making Jo look up, "Luke showed up and he merged with Kai." I pull Kai into my arms, "Huh. So I guess adding the words 'twin merge' to my vocabulary was pointless, 'cause they ain't twins." I look down at the unconscious boy in worry, since they weren't twins would everything be ok? What if they both died?

"He's not supposed to be here. The only reason he's here is because you let Kai out!" Jo shouts at us but I don't care I focus on Kai, "Kai?" I whisper quietly as I run my fingers through his hair, "Kai please wake up, come on I know that you're stronger than him." I murmur quietly holding onto him a bit tighter.

My heart skips a beat as I see his eyes flicker, and then finally open, "oh thank god." I breath out relived as he smiles up at me. I hug him before I can stop myself, he chuckles and pats my back, "nice to know you care." He smiles as I pull away and help him up, "yeah well I'd be a pretty crappy best friend if I didn't." I shrug as we look over at Jo and Damon who hadn't noticed us as they were fixated on Luke, who was now dead.

"Oh, my God. Luke. He's gone. He saved me and he's gone." She cries making me frown, "You win some, you lose some." Kai speaks up, Damon turns to see Kai stood there grinning. "Except for me. I always win." Damon moves toward Kai, but he disappears. "Violet." I gape at the accusatory tone Damon uses as he looks at me, "what? How is this my fault?" I literally had nothing to do with this, Damon was the one who woke Kai up. "I didn't even wanna come here in the first place." I tell him as I leave.