The 1800s

1863A sharp pain shot through my stomach causing me to drop the basket in my arms, I let out a small scream as I clutched my protruding stomach as I hunched over and tried to ease the pain, "oh it's time my dear girl

1863
A sharp pain shot through my stomach causing me to drop the basket in my arms, I let out a small scream as I clutched my protruding stomach as I hunched over and tried to ease the pain, "oh it's time my dear girl." The warm voice of my mother's friend Josephine, made me shake my head with a small cry, "no." It couldn't be, if it was time that meant it was also time to leave my child behind I didn't want that.

"Come on dear, just a bit more." Josephine instructs as I screamed bloody murder, then there's a cry "It's a girl." I fall back against the pillow in exhaustion after hours of excruciating pain I had done it, I had birthed my daughter. "Can I see?" I ask meekly, as Josephine returns, she nods and brings the bundle over, she places the tiny baby into my arms. I look down at the sleeping baby and allow the tears to fall, "she's beautiful." I whisper as I drink in as much of her as I could, "are you going to name her?" Josephine asks, "Amelia." I murmur not tearing my eyes from the beauty in my arms. Her eyes open eliciting a small laugh through the tears, "you're perfect Amelia, and I love you more than anything on this earth." I tell her as she looks up at me, making me smile as I note her striking green eyes, they were just like Stefan's.

And they were just like my moms

***

"It's time." I turn from where I had been stood at the window and kiss my daughter on her head softly as she smiled up at me, "you are everything to me." I whisper before looking at Josephine and nodding. "I promise I will find her the best family on this earth." I give her a sad smile as I look down at Amelia for the last time, I had been fortunate enough to have spent three months with her but my time was up, I had to return home. "You don't have to go back, take Amelia and leave." I smile at Josephine wishing it were that simple, "you know I can't do that, how would I provide for us? I would be disgraced no man would want me, and there's no way I could provide Amelia with the life she deserves alone." I tell her, "take her with you." I run a finger over Amelia's cheek evoking laughter from the infant, "I wish I could but my father, would murder me and then Amelia, he'd disown me for sure and force me to give her away, this way she gets a future, a chance at a good life, I trust you with her." She smiles sadly and nods as I hand Amelia over.

"Thank you Josephine." I tell the older woman grateful for everything she had done for me, "take care of yourself Violet." I nod I kiss Amelia's forehead and then leave trying to keep the tears at bay. It's what was best for her, she needed better than me.

1864

"I can't believe you killed them! How could you have done that?" I shout bursting into my fathers study, "I don't know what you're talking about." He denies making me scoff, "I watched you, you shot damon and Stefan. How could you have murdered them, they were you sons!" He slams his hands down on his desk, "do not use such a tone with me, I am your father, show some respect!" I scoff again once upon a time I would've been frightened but I had nothing left to live for I had no reason to fear him, the man stood before me had taken my mother, my brothers and my daughter away from me, and I would be damned if I held my tongue any longer. "You calling yourself my father? That's rich isn't it? You don't know the first thing on being a parent." He struck me across the face with such force that my body had shifted and I had almost fallen.

"I told you to watch your tone." He seethes as I straighten myself and glare with such hatred, "you are the one who doesn't know the first thing on parenting, just wait till you become a mother." He tells me making me laugh humourlessly, "I don't need to wait, I know more about being a parent than you could ever imagine. I had to abandon my daughter because I knew her grandfather was a monster and I could not raise her around such a sorry excuse of a man." I see a rage brewing in my fathers eyes as he strikes me again and again, "you disgraceful girl, you harlot! You only bring shame to this family." I catch his arm and push him away, "you're the one who shames this family!" I yell back as he continues to shout insult upon insult at me.

"You're a dirty whore, you're not my daughter, my daughter would never disrespect her father in such a way, I want nothing to do with you." I send him a spiteful smirk, "good, I want nothing to do with you either Giuseppe you are despicably vile man and the only shame I ever had in life was being your daughter." I spit as he glares at me so ferociously that it looks could kill I'd be well over six feet under.

"Leave my house this instant!" I give a sarcastic smile and curtesy, "gladly, I'm going to collect my daughter and we will live the rest of our days blissful without you!" I tell him as I leave the study and make my way towards the stairway. "You will do no such thing!" He yells grabbing me back by my hair. I fight against his hold but that only prompts him to grip onto my hair tighter and harder. "You don't have a say in what I do anymore." I hiss as he yanks at my scalp, "you will not tarnish my reputation with your wench ways." He tells me before forcefully pushing me into the staircase, pain erupts in my head as it hits the railing before spreading through my body as I begin to tumble down the stairs. I hear the cracks of my bones as they break ensuing more pain until I hit my head forcibly against the hard stones steps inducing darkness inside me.