Pearl

Steven's POV

The gunshot rang through the ballroom. Lavender pearl was crying and the girls stood there in shock. I didn't want to do it, all my emotions screamed at me to stop, but I pushed them aside.

I didn't shoot her anyways.

(Y/n) opened her eyes and looked around.
"I-I'm alive! You shot me though how am I-" She blurted, clearly confused.
"Yes you are still alive and no I didn't actually shoot you; It was an illusion," I explained.
"You see, a perfect pearl in my eyes has to be kind, brave and works well under pressure"
I walked over to her and took her hand in mine.
"And you just made the decision to take a bullet for a girl you've known for a day in under 5 seconds!" I exclaimed
"Ah...that was the test! Kindness, bravery and stress resistance," she sighed with relief in figuring that out.
"Yes, it is and you passed it with flying colours! (Y/n), will you be my pearl?" I asked softly.

I heard a gasp come from Lavender pearl and a few girls cheering (Y/n) on.
"Yes! Yes, of course!" She squealed
I was elated, I gave her a hug and turned to the other girls.
" It was lovely meeting you all,but unfortunately, I must get going now. Actually, hold on one sec."
I took my communicator out from my pocket
"Communicator, call Y6"
The screen called Y6 and she answered immediately
"My diamond, how are you"
Y6 exclaimed, throwing up her best diamond salute.

"I'm fine thank you. Now I'd suggest you listen very carefully to the set of instructions I'm about to give you because if I get a complaint from any of the ladies standing before me, I can promise that you will not see the next hour of the day, let alone tomorrow." I told her, making sure she knew I wasn't joking.
"Y-Yes, my diamond." She replied
"I will be escorting 9 girls back to the assignment hall, you will greet them with respect but you will not assign them. They will tell you the job they want and whatever they choose are whatever you will give them, understood?"
"Yes, my diamond" She responded with
"Good, that will be all."
I clapped twice and the communicator shut, ending the call.

"So you're telling me that we get to pick whatever job we want!" Jasmine shouted, hardly containing her excitement.
"Yep, and you all get one of these too" I pulled out a small rectangular device and handed one to each of them.
"What does this do?" Cherryl asked me
"Well, if you press the middle button, then pull the sides..." I hinted
Her and all the other girls pushed the button, pulled the sides and revealed a small tablet, giggling and chatting to each other.
"If you ever need me or anyone to talk to, you each have your own tablets!" I told them happily
"Omg, thanks! This is so cool" Jasmine said to me, her eyes full of joy.
"Your welcome, I hope I see you all again soon! Bye-bye for now!" I called as they left one by one.
I turned to face 10X12. She was standing patiently beside me, calm and quiet. You'd think I was the pearl, she's so perfect!
"(Y/n),follow me please,your parents are outside" I said softly.
She nodded and we both made our way outside.

"Mr and Mrs (l/n), Its an honor to meet the parents of such and extraordinary girl, you should be so proud!" I praised.
(Y/n) is the perfect mix of her parents, she has her mothers eyes and her fathers nose.
"T-Thank you, my diamond" (y/n)'s mum responded.
"You may address me as Steven if you'd like, whatever makes you comfortable"
"Alright then, steven" (Y/n)'s dad told me, placing his heavy hand on my shoulder.
"Listen, kid, I like the way you run the place,pretty good for a...what 17 year old?" He told me.
"I'll be 17 soon, but I'm currently 16" I reassured
"Right, Pretty good for a 16 year old boy. Anyways that's not the point, why you need my daughter is the point"
I explained to both parents what happened in the ballroom and how 10X12 selflessly acted, earing the position of my pearl.
"I just need you to sign here and then your daughter will be officially assigned as the pearl of pink diamond!" I told them both
The father paused before signing
"How much will she be payed?"
"Oh well I was thinking,since her facet is 10X12, maybe 12K for every 10 hours she works? I hope that's enough" I replied.
(Y/n) gasped and her father looked elated.
"Enough! That's way more than enough!" He exclaimed,signing the contract on the tablet and handing it back to me.
I thanked them and headed back to the palace, leaving (Y/n) to say goodbye to her parents.
She walked quickly over to me, walking by my side down the hall
"Your palace is huge!" She told me, staring in awe at the glass paintings on the ceiling.
"Wait until you see my one on homeworld!" I joked.
"You have more than one palace?"
She questioned
"Yep, we'll be staying at this one for the rest of the week, then we'll go to homeworld and you can meet the diamonds!" I explained.
She looked absolutely elated. Her smile made me feel a way I had never felt before, it made me feel uncomfortable in a way. I begged for it to go away,yet longed for it the second it passed.

That feeling, what was it?

I decided to take my mind off it and focus on the room I was leading (Y/n) to.
"Whenever we are on earth, this will be your room. Please make yourself comfortable and if you need me I'll be in my room, its just down the hallway" I told her.
"Wow! Its beautiful! Thank you!"
She looked me in the eyes and gave me the sweetest smile.

The feeling is back again!

I gave her a nod and walked away, trying not to look back again as I entered my room.
"Pebbles! Where are you guys!" I called out I heard them chattering in the walls but they didn't come out to see me, then I remembered that we were playing hide and seek yesterday and they don't like losing games.
"Oh okay, you can stay hidden but I have a request," I told them
They stopped talking and listened.
"I need an outfit for a human girl, about 5,2, shes 16 so reasonable chest size and pockets, please put pockets! Literally none of women's clothing have pockets it makes no sense!" I told them.
I suddenly heard them sewing but I forgot one detail:
"Oh, I nearly forgot, it has to be suitable for a pearl as well as a human"
There was a pause, then they continued to sew. I knew it was going to take a while so I went to water the plants, made myself a coffee and then returned to my room, only too find the most beautiful outfit ever. I placed the coffee down and thanked the Pebbles and left with the outfit, heading over to (y/n)'s room.
I knocked on her door but there was no response.
I knocked again, no response still.
I began to panic slightly, was she okay?
I slowly opened the door and breathed a sigh of relief; she was sleeping. I placed the outfit on the rail not far from her bed and a note on her bedside table.
I looked at her and noticed a small smile on her face whilst she slept, she was truly beautiful, I still felt the pain in my chest from I pulled that trigger, I would never do anything to hurt her.

As I left her room and entered my own I made a promise to myself that if in my life, I were to ever hurt her, verbally or physically...

I'd end it.