Rebels

OMG I HAVEN'T POSTED IN SO LONG SORRY😅😅
______________________________________________________________

Scarlet's POV

I jolted upright and looked around. I was in a dimly lit room made of stone, sitting on a hospital bed with two boys standing beside it arguing.

"how much chloroform did you put on there!"

"I don't know, I just poured till I felt like stopping!"

"SHE'S BEEN OUT FOR 3 DAYS YOU DUMB FU-"

"Hey! Watch your language, she's awake!"

The angry dude walked over to me and handed me a glass of water.
"Hey cutie, what's your name?" He asked.

"Scarlet-Rose" I responded with, inspecting the drink before taking a still hesitant sip.
"Scarlet-Rose, huh? Well here we'll just call you Rose. I'm Kevin, welcome to the rebellion!" He told me.
The rebellion? What are they rebelling against?
"What are you rebelling against? I asked.
"The hybrid." He spat.

Holy crap! Against me?

"Actually, some people say he has two sides: A diamond side, kind and regal and deserving of royalty. But his human side is horrible and stuck up, always lying his way through life."

Ah, against Steven.

"You rarely ever see his diamond side, but a few people here have seen him. They say he has pink eyes and diamond pupils, kinda like one of your eyes. How did that happen?" Kevin asked curiously.

I had to think up something quickly.
"When I was a little girl, I got into a near-fatal accident, causing me go blind in one eye. The doctors told my parents that no-one could help me and that I was better off dead. Scared and crying, my mother ran from the 2nd quadrant all the way to central palace with me curled up in her arms, where she found the young diamond and his pearl working. They were about to exile her for disrespecting her diamond when he told them to stop and bring me over to him. I remember my mother holding me and a small boy, same age as me, stare at me with his diamond eyes and gently kiss my eye. Nothing happened for a while but soon I could see clearly again, my eye completely healed. I saw my mother crying tears of joy, a pearl standing prettily and the boy who saved my life grinning happily, eyes shining. I'll never forget that day."
I lied.

"Wow, what a story!" Kevin told me, wiping a fake tear from his cheek.
"Did you know that you're the only hybrid we have here?" Kevin said.

Crap! I forgot my gem!
Just go with it.

"How did you find out?" I exclaimed
"Your gem glowed. What gem is it anyway?" He asked.
"Rose quartz" I lied
"Well then rose, dinner is at 6 so don't miss it; this can be your room too." He told me before leaving, the other dude following.
I picked up the small hand mirror beside me and sighed.
"You just joined a rebellion against yourself!" I told myself.

No I didn't, we joined a rebellion against Steven! They like me, remember?

"Hold on a second, where is Steven?" I asked cautiously

Unconscious.

"Where!" I gasped.

Well he's unconscious in LUCID but I'm awake so he's stuck there until I go to back to sleep.

"But you don't need slee- ooh, that's smart!" I praised.

I went into the bathroom attached to the room and washed my skin and hair. I never usually have to wash that much hair so the whole process took about half an hour. I noticed a pair of black jeans and a black top at the end of the bed, which I dragged on without hesitation. I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail, hoping it will help with the length but it didn't; my hair still reaching my butt.

I cluelessly strolled down the corridor until I reached a door with the most inviting noises. I walked into a large cafeteria with both gems and humans, laughing and talking to each other between mouthfuls of food. I sat at table closest to me and looked around at the others sitting there. The table was occupied by a pearl with a large crack spread across her eye, a fusion of some sort, a Lapis, peridot, a really short amethyst, a bismuth and lastly Kevin.

"Rose! Glad you could make it! I was worried you wouldn't find the right room!" He called, grinning.
"Thanks, I honestly just followed the noise! So everyone in here is part of the rebellion?" I asked
"Yep, all of us! And did you know that every single one of us-gem and human alike- Have been hurt by him?" He said
"Who, Steven?" I asked.
"Yeah him, his name is horrid" He spat
"Much like his tendencies." The pearl told me.
I was shocked, every single one of them? I didn't believe it
"So, what happened to all of you?" I asked.
"I said no. He stabbed me in the eye with my own weapon, causing so much damage that it didn't even heal after reformation." Pink Pearl told me.

"He used me as decoration, having a Lazuli in the back of his hand mirror for 5 years. He knew I was alive in there, he just didn't care. A year later, he dropped the mirror, breaking it and he just threw it away; Not at all caring that I was still there." Tears began to stream down her face and she was comforted by the peridot that was sitting next to her.

"I'm here because I'm short. A defect in a way" The peridot told me.
"Same for me too" The amethyst called from across the table.
"He shattered my girlfriend, so I came to make weapons for rebels" The bismuth added.

"And you, I've never seen a fusion like you before," I asked the fusion at the far end of the table.
"I am Garnet, fusion of sapphire and ruby, an embodiment of love" she spoke with a British accent and had a deep, smooth voice.

"Kevin, why are you here then?" I questioned.

"I don't have a facet, a label. Nobody knows who my parents are or where I was born so they just decided to leave me for dead." Kevin responded, seemingly unbothered.

"So, I heard your a hybrid; What's your gem?" Garnet asked me calmly.
"Rose quartz," I responded, lying through my teeth.
"Woah, we could kick butt with a hybrid on our side!" Amethyst cheered.
"We have to keep her protected at all costs: shes important." Kevin planned.
Suddenly he stood up on his chair and called out:
"LISTEN UP!"

The room went quiet.

"We have a new recruit! And a very important one at that!
Today, Rose joined the Rebellion. Not a human, not a gem and not a fusion; A hybrid!"

The room was filled with cheering and laughter. They all spoke to each other like they were all one huge family, with nicknames and food fights and jokes all around. Not only were they joined by their hate for Steven, they were joined because no matter what they went through or where they came from, they all longed for a family and here is where they found it.

I think I might stay awhile.

I headed to my room after dinner, unable to take another bite and flopped onto my bed. I took a deep breath and unfused.

(Y/n)'s POV
I locked the door to make sure no-one would come in and turned to Zach. He was standing there daydreaming so I gently placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to softly bring him back to reality. I was successful in snapping him out of it, but he looked at me and instantly backed himself into a corner, a scared expression on his face.
"Zach, are you okay?" I asked
"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to infuse, w-we can fuse back if you want me to" he stammered.

"Zach...you have a say in this too, we don't have to fuse if you don't want to" I reassured him sweetly.

"Y-Your not gonna keep me fused?" He asked nervously

I shook my head and hugged him tightly, pouring my love all over him.

"T-Thank you,(Y/n)" he whispered, burying his head in my shoulder.