Flashbacks

TW - A SLIGHT MENTION OF PANIC ATTACKS

I'M GOING TO START FUCKING BREAK DANCING OUT OF ANGER. SHHSHEHEHEHSHSHSH WHY DOES MY WRITING SUCKKKKIIIIIIIJSJSJSJSJ

Anyways now I'm done with that here's this, my best attempt at something when I'm unmotivated >:0
______________________

*1:59 p.m. / Shuichi's POV*

It was a quiet afternoon. Yet another day just sitting around. Neither one of them wanted to do anything. Plus, luckily for Shuichi, it was Rantaro's day off. Shuichi had finally gotten out of bed for the day which left him with a sick, still tired, feeling in his stomach. Shuichi got up and started getting dressed, though he changed right into comfy clothes he would normally sleep in. Finally after another yawn and stretch he made his way to the living room.

Everything unraveled like normal.. Rantaro making lunch, giving him a cheesy pet name and a kiss before he went over and collapsed on the couch.

"Good afternoon, my angel." Rantaro announced loudly, he attempted to sound "classy" jokingly. he sounded wide and awake like always. Shuichi the opposite.

"Oh.. I forgot it's technically afternoon now. Hah-" Shuichi answered back. Sleep was still effecting his voice.

"Yep." Rantaro patted his head, "Didn't sleep much last night?" He asked, looking sympathetic.

"yea.." Shuichi said.

Rantaro kissed his forehead again then placed his hand on it. Shuichi sighed, knowing exactly what he was doing. He knew he wasn't sick. Just troubles getting shut-eye. He had nightmares a lot which obviously made a difference in his sleep schedule. They were mainly about the game. He would constantly see his friends dying again. It was like a broken record.. over and over he would see his friends die.

Sometimes, when he dreamed about Rantaro, he wouldn't get a single wink of sleep. Shuichi was prone to panic attacks in the middle of the night. He had trouble breathing and would usually need a lot of reassurance that everyone was okay. He felt bad for Rantaro, who had to wake up and deal with him.

But last night wasn't one of those nights, he just couldn't sleep for some reason..

He hauled his extremely sore and exhausted body onto the couch and laid there. He probably could go right back to sleep if his brain would let him. Out of boredom, he started picking at his fingers, then he noticed his engagement ring.

To be completely honest.. he forgot he had it on at all. It was a very pretty ring, though it wasn't one of those expensive diamond ones, he loved it so much. The ring had its beauty, that's for sure. Beauty didn't even matter to him, he could have gotten a Ring Pop and would have treasured it forever. The meaning it had stuck out more than price. Shuichi sat and admired it. He felt warm and fuzzy. His heart was skipping beats as he remembered the best day of his life.. Rantaro proposing..

Everything was so vivid. Where they went, everything that was said. Hell, he even remembered his exact thoughts and feelings right before Rantaro got down on his knee.

He smiled like an idiot at the ring. His cheeks were deepening in color, he just felt so happy. Every last feeling of exhaustion or dread just gone. Just like that.. the scene replayed in his mind.

...

They were at the park, normally hanging out there like everyday. Shuichi never saw it coming. Him and Rantaro were on the bridge that hung high above the large creek. They just kept small talk going. That's when it all started..

Rantaro brought up the future, how excited he was to spend it with Shuichi. He went on and on about kids and an actual house once Rantaro can get a stable job.. the list went on. It was like he planned their whole future, but left little blanks open for them to fill with decisions. He remembered how sweet and bubbly he felt when Rantaro said it like he was planning to hang onto him. He actually wanted to spend his whole life with Shuichi..

Wow how great it felt.

That's when it happened. How smooth Rantaro transitioned into it. He said it like he had no fear in the world. No stutter, no embarrassment or double thinking. So slick and meaningful.

He didn't regret it, is what it sounded like.. it made Shuichi feel like he was on top of the world. That's what he loved. Sure, he loved everything about it! But.. that was his favorite part.

Rantaro meant it. He loved Shuichi. He really wanted to be with him. His stupid overthinking or feelings about himself couldn't stand in the way. Looking at the little details, he felt so loved and cared for. He wasn't just doing it from pity or thought they should just step up the relationship because they've been boyfriends for so long.

He wanted to spend his life with him. And he didn't have to think twice about getting down and asking.

He was sure he wanted Shuichi.

...

"Whatcha smiling at?"

He flinched a little as the green haired male was leaning over him on the backside of couch. His head was hovered above Shuichi's. He strung his arm down and gently grasped Shuichi's hand. His fingers wrapped around Shuichi's slightly smaller hand.

The smaller male's hand fit together with his like a puzzle piece. Rantaro entwined his fingers with his. He bent down and kissed his hand. Shuichi felt stupid for blushing.. made him feel royal..

Rantaro chuckled, "It's the ring isn't it?"

"Y-yeah.."

Rantaro looked at it for a couple moments. His green eyes scanned it for a moment in thought and then they moved back up to Shuichi's eyes. "I remember that day. God, best day of my fucking life. Finally got to call you my fiancé. Cannot wait till your my official husband..." Rantaro teased. Shuichi turned a deep shade of pink and hanging his head low.

"I should just start calling you husband now. I mean.. technically you are!" Rantaro inched further.

"N-no! Shut up! My heart will a-actually fail if you call me t-that!" Shuichi took his hand back and curled his knees into his chest, then hid his face in them.

"Okay fine. I won't.." Rantaro stepped back into the kitchen. "So.. what do you want for late lunch, my husband?"

"N-NO!" Shuichi glared as his blush even spread to his ears. "Your so c-cheesy.."

Rantaro giggled.

"Oh cmon! Thought you liked me being a 'cheesy romantic idiot' as you called me last time." Rantaro grinned and leaned against the counter.

"hmph.. guess I do..."

____________________

I LOVE THESE STUPID FANFICS WHERE THEY GET ENGAGED OR MARRIED IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY...

I guess this didn't suck that bad >_>
Notes:

1075 words
Date; 1/24/21
Completed: 1:28 a.m.