Another high school AU

This are so much fun to make.. I had to-

________________________________

*3:43 p.m. / Shuichi's POV*

After school, Shuichi sat alone near the front entrance into his high school building. He was hidden behind the large wall of the stairs, that sorta served as a railing. His back was leaned up against it, furiously drawing in his notebook. He was waiting for someone to get out of detention. Rantaro Amami, one of his good friends, who got stuck in detention for starting a fight with some kid in the hallway earlier today. Shuichi and him always walked home together since they lived close. Whenever Rantaro had to stay after school, which was actually a lot, he waited for him and the boy would never listen to Rantaro when he told him to go home without him.

It's not like his uncle would care. He was always working.. So he waited.

He heard the entrance doors swing open loudly, hearing voices and chattering of the other students that also had to stay. Shuichi stayed hidden. Most of the kids that bullied him were somewhere in the mix of students, and he'd rather not let them see him, or let them see who he was waiting for. Rantaro always somehow found him. It was like he could sense where Shuichi was at all times. He remembered one time, they let everyone out of detention early and Shuichi was at the back of the school. He was going to walk up at the normal time they released everyone.. and guess who found him in the matter of seconds.

He stayed put and kept drawing.. after the crowd of students left.. he noticed Rantaro still wasn't there. He stood slowly and peeked out from behind the wall. Maybe he didn't know this time.. Shuichi thought. Just as he concluded that and turned to get his stuff and go find him.. someone stood in front of him. A shadow casted over him. Shuichi turned back around and met the eyes of his friend. Rantaro had a small smile, his hands in his pockets and his calm composure as always.

Shuichi let out a breath he was holding in. He hid his eyes back under his hat and waved, turning to grab his bag and notebook.

"Hello Shuichi." Rantaro's deep voice rung out.

Shuichi stood up after throwing his bag on, spitting out a nervous 'Hi'.

"I keep telling you to go home. Do you listen? Never." Rantaro's voice began to soften.. which is something Shuichi noticed.. his harsh and intimidating voice and looks started to fade around him. Shuichi's face heated up just thinking about it, Rantaro being soft around him? His heart fluttered intensely.

Shuichi giggled awkwardly.. "Y-yeah.. but I can't walk h-home alone. "

" Nice drawing by the way. Sorry if I wasn't meant to look.. but it was wide open when I walked over. " Rantaro gave a small nod.

"O-oh- Thank you. " Shuichi smiled at him from under his hat.

Both boys headed down to the sidewalk through the grass, and walked side-by-side. Conversations weren't very normal between the two. Unless it was about homework, neither spoke. Honesty it was how Shuichi liked it, it was hard to keep an act around Rantaro without getting flustered for some reason. Anything Rantaro said made him heat up.

He didn't like Rantaro though.. he certainly admired him, I mean, he was a whole grade higher than him. He was strong and could win a fight easily. He was pretty confident too, he never backed out of anything.. he also looked nice.. he had a soft side too. That's what Shuichi loved about him, how gentle he really was. He was pretty handsome, he was perfect in Shuichi's eyes...