Introduction.

Spider-centric third person pov

It's a late night in New York. It's not too dark because of course it's not, it's new york. The whole place is lit up in a dim glow from the buildings that pollute horizon. Your friendly neighbourhood-Spiderman is crouched on top of a buildingm his eyes narrowed as he looks down below himself, scouting for crime. He shivers. 'God, spandex does nothing to fight against the cold' he thinks. Maybe he could experiment with some thin thermal material to keep him toasty but no, he doesn't have enough time for that. Jameson has him working his butt off just for a barely livable wage, then he has class, then he has to study for class plus his work as Spiderman.

Who knew that living a double life wasn't as easy as Hannah Montana made it seem? Luckily he know had his own apartment so he didn't have to worry about worrying Aunt May whenever he passed out at a random time and he could have a stress-related meltdown in peace. Stark paid for his rent as an apology. Peter knew that Tony knew he was ready to work for Stark Industries and that he was a genius but in order to not raise suspicion, he had to wait for the spider to graduate before he could hire him. People could accuse him of favoritism, some sort of black mail or anything of that kind. Or they would wonder how this billionare knew a nobody kid from Queens and his identity of Spiderman would be exposed.

Peter shook off that train of thought and with a quiet 'fwip' he used his webbing to swing to a new location for his patrol. He was going to go a few buildings more but he had to stop in his tracks when he spotted the familiar red and black and found himself trying to approach. When he landed on the roof of the building that Deadpool stood on he couldn't help the fond smile that formed under his mask. "You on a job?" Peter asked hesitantly. Worry pooled inside him for a moment as he considered the fact that Deadpool didn't have time to join him on patrol, or maybe he was on a stakeout and the spider had ruined his plans. The mercenary is usually the one to seek him out, for good reason. Anxiety bubbled under his skin as he waited for a response.

"Nope!" Pool exclaimed childishly. His mask formed a comically stupid grin and the hero had to roll his eyes. His unexpected friend waskinda like a big dumb puppy. 'A big dumb puny wearing at least a million weapons on him at all times with who knows many more elsewhere plus a kill count that's like way too big' his mind supplied unhelpfully. He wanted to add that any kill count is too big but was snapped out of his thoughts by the realization that Pool was talking to him.

"It's a quiet night, wanna get some food?" The taller man asked. "Maybe another time, I still need to finish patrol and if it's still quiet then I could do with using it as a day off and sleep" Pete answered, rubbing the back of his neck. Deadpool looked like he was a kicked puppy. "Oh, alright" he said dramatically. Really, he was such a drama queen. "But I should let you know that if you want a date later on that you'll need to get my secretary to pencil you in" He announced. "Yes I know we always have time for Spidey" He added, probably talking to one of the boxes. Hastily the mercenary left. It was so quick that Peter didn't get a word in since his brain was still processing.

"Secretary?" He asked in the emoty cold air.