Save The World!

Spider-centric third person

It had gotten late. If Peter was a functional human being, he would have asleep by now byt instead he was stuck to his ceiling while he studied. For once he wasn't on the ceiling by accident and actually planned to be up there. He had been bouncing around from place to place in his small apartment because he had too much pent up energy  and was having a hard time of sitting still.

He reasoned with himself that perhaps he should go and do a patrol but he was honestly swamped with work and he was doing his best to balance his life as Peter Parker and his life as Spiderman. It wasn't perfect and he felt guilty whenever he was late to patrol and now he was missing it entirely.

Pete couldn't afford to fail his current courses though, he couldn't let Mr. Stark down. He was his idol. As Peter was lost in thought, he heard his phone go off, the young man recognized the ringtone as the nerdy custom one that he set up for whenever Stark needed to get in touch with him. He hurriedly shot a web at his ohone and brought it towards his very much still upside down self. Peter always looked forward to working with and for Tony Stark so surprisingly, when he picked up the phone, he did not need to fake the cheer he carried in his voice.

"Mr. Stark! What's the emergency that I'm needed for?! Where do I need to be?! Should I be putting my suit on as we speak?! I can do that, y'know, I'm not doing much. Just hanging around but-" "First, I swear to god if you are actually hanging-" "I am" his voice sounded so small. "Anyway, get your suit on and head to the tower. We'll be doing a debriefing thereand you better not be late, this is actually important" Stark said. Peter could hear the genius roll his eyes.

The phone call ended quickly and the young hero raced to destick himself from his ceiling, get dressed in his suit and hurried to get out. Peter swung across New York towards the infamous Stark Tower. There was an unlocked and open window on one of the top floors, one that Pete recognized, so he launched his body through it and landed in a graceful squat.

"Baby boy! I can't believe you're here you acrobatic beauty!" A recognizable voice proclaimed. Peter felt his face heat up from underneath his mask and he quickky fixed his posture. His head whipped to the location if the voice and sure enough, he saw the tall, broad man clad in red and black. He wondered how Deadpool got allowed in the tower. "I thought you were busy" Peter said. He felt almost hurt.

"I was! But let me tell you, Money bags over there does not take no for an answer. I'm just glad that I got Heather to watch my daughter while I'm over here" The mercenary rambled. Peter felt bad for being so selfish, his friend had left because he had to take care of his daughter. That was a reasonable excuse. Then he felt some twinge of a feeling that he didn't recognize. It was some bad pset feeling at the idea of the merc trusting this stranger with his kid.

Peter wanted to add something but the Captain cleared his throat loudly and they were all summoned to the table to discuss whatever they were here to discuss.

Peter paid perfect attention duting the meeting. It almost seemed a little childish but in the moment, he didn't notice. He didn't notice a lot of things. Due to the other man wearing a mask he wasn't capable of noticing the blush to his features but because his mask was expressive and Pool had over the top body language, he could have seen the fond expression. Of course, he didn't.

"Spider, Pool" Steve addressed with his authoritative, commanding voice. Peter perked up if that was even possible at this point and Wade lazily nodded.

"You two will be working together. Keep him in check, Spiderman" Pete nodded at this. "Good. I need you two to work on recon for now. Once we have enough information and a solid plan, we'll call you in" Steve said. "Or if the bad guys decide that schedules are last year and come up early" Tony added.

Peter didn't know how to feel about this. On one hand, he was so excited to be working with the avengers but on the other he felt like a kid. Like they didn't trust him or Wade so they stuck with chores like children. At least he liked working with the other man. He was almost never bored when beside the other and he always got this warm pride-like feeling in his chest when they hung out.