Let's Go!

Spider-centric third person

It was two days after that meeting that Peter got to hang out with his mercenary buddy. They were scheduled to stake out this building and then when the building is emptied they have to infiltrate and get as much information as they can get.

The big issue terrozing New York this time, drug dealers. And not just the guys in hoodies who pass it out in allies, they had to watch out for the brains of the operations and the people who made the drugs, experimented with the drugs. Apparently some rando stranger with a penchant for evil was gathering up these individuals and making them their underlings. There were reports, although small and looked-over, about this team turning people into mutants with their drugs. Intentionally!

Pete couldn't help but shiver thinking about it, it reminded him of Oscorp. Spiderman was on the high-rise building across from his stake-out location, crouched in shadow as he waited for DP. He was actually amazed when the man showed up with any semblence of subtly.  Though he was carrying with him a hefty couple of bags of food. "Never do a stake-out hungry, baby boy" the man said as if it was a greeting. He plopped down next to Peter, probably too close for the concept of personal space but the arachnid did not mind. Perhaps he was just too used to the mercenary.

"Do you think it's a good idea to eat?" Petey asked. Even through the mask, Wade looked absolutely horrified. "Spidey, its always a good idea to eat! And yes, for this moment it is. Eating is something that people do on these things. And who knows how long it will take, it could be hours. I don't think you eat when I'm not here anyway so I don't know if you want to take on stealth and maybe a bad guy or three, without food in your system. We're saving New York and that is not something you want to do running on fumes!" Wade mock-lectured.

"Okay, okay. Pass me the food, old timer" Pete said. He got a little cheeky.

...

Wade wondered about this new organization. They were scumbags, true scumbags who experiment on other human beings.  He wondered if Heather would consider working with them if she was not getting the huge paycheck from him. He briefly wondered if she was working with them despite it but he tried to shake that thought off. He wanted to trust her, he did trust her. He wondered if people who have been working with Heather could have also been working for the organization. 

Then he was sad that he didn't trust Heather enough to ask her about it.

.....

Peter wiped off his costumed hands from the grease that he attained from the meal. It was eerily quiet, he didn't know Wade had that capability if he was being honest. "So how is your daughter?" Peter asked, cringing at how awkward he sounded. Pete wasn't very good with kids. Never has been.

"Oh! She's doing absolutely amazing. She is perfect. Heather had to watch her the other night because of stupid Stark's lack of courtesy. Ellie-dearest gets along with her well. It went super well, Heather is so great with her" Wade rambled.

If Peter was a cat, his ears would be flat against his head. He was inexplicably angry with how Wade gushed. Pete also felt something strange when Wade mentioned that this Heather was good with his kid. That would need to be a requirement for a relationship, right? Deadpool already had one kid, what if he wanted more?

He couldn't get that from Peter, he acknowledged sadly. 'Wait what?'

Peter was so taken aback by his own line of thoughts. Why would he ever think that? And why would he be sad about it? The young spider looked over at the mercenary who was intently focused on the building across from them, his masked eyes narrowed dangerously. Unabashedly Petey admitted to himself that the other man was beautiful.

Did he like him? It would make sense. He didn't like Heather, maybe he was jealous. Pete enjoyed Wade's company and got increasingly lonely whenever it took him a long time to see him at patrols. He also trusted Pool with his life. So maybe he did like him.

But it couldn't go beyond a crush, he knew that. Even if it made his heart hurt. Clearly DP had some level of affection for this Heather and even if he didn't, Wade showed no actual sign of being attracted to men. Sure he flirted with practically everyone but that was just his personality, right? Peter didn't think he would be good for the merc with a mouth. As a poor college kid living a double life as Spiderman, his life could be pretty chaotic and he didn't want to unload that on anyone. He also felt that he would be changing Wade too much and he wasn't into that whole toxic relationship thing. Plus there was the issue of Ellie.

Parents had to know their children would like their partner and Pete is sure that Wade's kid would hate him. And even if she didn't, he was awful with dealing with children. It was nothing more than a fantasy.

Peter looked over at the beautiful masked-man and sighed wistfully.