Hogwarts AU (Part 3)

the song above is woven into the book, and lyrics are in italics

The gentle breeze combed its hands through the air as the party sat happily on soft, green grass. A large blanket was spread out on the lawn while the teenagers chattered, enjoying the nice sunny day. 

"Ooh, turn the stereo up, Sinclair. This is my song!" a red-head said, popping up from her spot. With a smile, she hoisted Lucas up to meet her on her feet. The sun reflected off of her fiery hair and Max basked in the sun's warmth, she and Lucas dancing as they did at the Yule Ball. 

My head is stuck in the clouds. She begs me to come down, says boy, quit fooling around. 

The radio sang as they giggled together. Dustin watched the pair happily from his place in the branches in the nearby willow tree, well drifting back and forth between reading and looking at his friends. All the while, he snacked on tarts and goodies the group had brought with them and was quite delighted to be enjoying the evening with his friends.

I told her, I love the view from up here. Warm sun and wind in my ear

Will sat cross-legged in the grass, weaving petals and stems together. He anda few fellow Hufflepuff friends were making flower crowns. One of the kids wove a flower crown from daises and stems. Placing it atop Will's brown curls, they smiled. Not being able to hold back a grin himself, Will beamed back at them.

We'll watch the world from up here as it turns to the rhythm of love

Hogging up most of the blanket, El and Mike cuddled and stole sweet kisses from each others' cheeks. Their Gryffindor robes were wrapped around them like ponchos. The two had been an item for years now, and in their 4th year at Hogwarts they were still going steady.

We may only have tonight, but 'till the morning sun you're mine. All mine. Play the music low and sway to the rhythm of love...

Robin and Steve, who were a bit farther away from the group than the others, did sloppy cartwheels in the field, trying not embarrass themselves too much. Attempting a roll, the Harrington boy nearly knocked his friend over. Soon, the two were a laughing mess and were clutching their stomachs on the ground.

My heart beats like a drum, a guitar string to the strum, a beautiful song to be sung

From a bit of a distance away, Nancy and Johnathan waded in the water of the cool lake. Their blue and silver robes had been discarded quite a while ago, as they now were left in their dress shirts and loose house-colored ties. Scooping up a handful of crystal blue water, Nancy splashed the boy in the face with a laugh. Johnathan, shocked, widened his eyes as he's enveloped in another wave of water.

She's got blue eyes, deep like the sea, that roll back when she's laughing at me. She rises up like the tide the moment her lips meet mine

We may only have tonight, but 'till the more sun you're mine. All mine. Play the music low and sway to the rhythm of love...

You see, the older group of teens had spent their senior year attending classes, of course, but also adventuring to find secret passageways through Hogwarts. So far, the Room of Requirement was their favorite. With its magic that always seems to know what you need, it's been deemed the perfect place to hang out. 

Meanwhile, the younger party of friends camped out outdoors, where they were now. They, like their older siblings and friends, had found a favorite spot and took advantage of the time inbetween classes to visit it. But now that their older companions were approaching the end of their time at Hogwarts, the party found it appropriate that they spend as much time as they could together. The thought made the mood dim a little, just a bit.

And long after I'm gone, you'll still be humming along. And I will keep you in my mind; the way you make love so fine

But no, they wouldn't focus on the negative things; they would concentrate on the good in their lives. Like new friendships blossoming like fresh spring flowers. Like love that had been discovered and renewed. Like all the great times they had shared. Like closing an old chapter and beginning an even better one.

Play the music low and sway to the rhythm of  love...