1- We Fell in Love in October

Max x Female reader

"Hey, wait up, Max!" Grabbing my skateboard, I pushed off the ground and followed the red-headed Mayfield down the street. I heard her laugh as I caught up to her. I caught Max's eyes; her electric blue ones met mine. The cold made her pale face flush with red near her nose, and I thought about how the look suited her. A sweet, soft smile graced her freckled face as she peered back at me. Max's red jacket complimented her fiery hair quite nicely. I wore a matching red and black flannel. Yeah, I thought, we're pretty cool.

The streets were silent with the exception of our two skateboards riding past house after house. It was autumn now, and as summer melted into fall the leaves started changing colors, creating a red-orange-brown aura in the town of Hawkins.

Together we slowed to a stop on our boards and dismounted. "A playground, huh?" I said, smiling at the girl beside me. Max rolled her eyes.

"Duh. We both know you love the swings."

"Fine, you got me there." I laughed and sat down on the swing set. Max sat on the swing next to me, swinging her legs back and forth. I pushed off the ground slightly and closed my eyes as the cool fall breeze combed its fingers through my hair.

The two of us laughed and stole glances at each other as we soared higher and higher into the fall sky. We continued until we felt dizzy, like we ourselves could really fly. All the colors blended together in whirls of an autumn dream, and for the first time in a long time I felt at peace. At peace with myself, my surroundings, and with the universe itself. Everything felt right.

As the two of us slowed down on our swings I took a breath of the cool air. It burned, yet the sensation was a soothing one. I inhaled again and then exhaled.

Slowly, I outstretched my arm and opened my hand, intertwining my fingers with Max's. She looked at me and smiled. A familiar warmth reddened my face as I swung our arms in unison. In silent agreement the two of us decided that it would be a while until we let each others hands go.